Our partner

For those with TOCD (4 years after therapy)

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

For those with TOCD (4 years after therapy)

Postby Lisa1989 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I have been gone for a while, because I wanted to close this chapter in my life. A good 4 years ago I posted a lot into the OCD forum regarding the fear of being trans without wanting to be trans. Those thoughts tortured me on a daily basis, but with the ERP that I got I can assure you that I found out (like all of you will) that I'm not trans. All the evidence (being a tomboy as a child) I took as clear signs for being trans did not matter in the end. My OCD is very much under control now, and I have occasional relapses, but the trans thoughts never came back. Quite on the contrary, I've found out that I love being a woman an that I was scared of not being seen as feminine enough (in a society that creates so much pressure). This has helped me grow so much; I feel comfortable with my body. All the thoughts I had were intrusive and ego-dystonic, that's why they frightened me so much.

I'm just writing this to give everyone out there hope who's suffering from these thoughts. Even though this will serve as reassurance to you, which isn't good, I can still assure you that you cannot be something you fear.
You are not trans if you fear being trans.
The lost look a lot like me. In dust I was born and dust I shall leave.
Lisa1989
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: For those with TOCD (4 years after therapy)

Postby FreshGuy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:22 am

I am so happy to hear you recovered from this awful stressful mental condition.

It’s great to see people can recover from this :)
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:27 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post