Our partner

Finally saw a psychologist and psychiatrist

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Finally saw a psychologist and psychiatrist

Postby SomeDude007 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:08 am

Finally saw both a psychologist and psychiatrist. I'm not sure if they made a definitive diagnosis, but they said I have OCD/anxiety/depression, but not clinical levels of depression currently. I think I'm just high functioning :?

I've been prescribed 10mg of lexapro daily, have been taking it for about 6 days now.

I still wake up extremely anxious and feeling like I want to just bury my head under the blankets, but my anxiety improves throughout the day. I almost feel normal at night. I still don't feel happy, and have been feeling kind of empty. But maybe I'm just not used to feeling super anxious all of the time? Not sure.

Unfortunately the psychologist was through my school, so I can't do long term therapy there. Will have to get referred to someone within the network. I'm kind of excited, but also terrified of seeing someone.
SomeDude007
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Finally saw a psychologist and psychiatrist

Postby Snaga » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:03 am

That sounds like a good start, even if it's not a long term thru them.

SomeDude007 wrote:they said I have OCD/anxiety/depression, but not clinical levels of depression currently

Given it's my understanding (and experience) that anxiety/depression are often co-morbid, no surprises there.

Hopefully this is the start of better quality of life :)

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Postby Snaga » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Bumping to see if you're still responding to forum. I've recently begun Lexapro and am curious to see how you've made out. I've been taking it for about five days- around where you were when you made your post. I understand it takes several weeks to kick in.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby ohmygoodness1102 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:31 pm

SomeDude007 wrote:Finally saw both a psychologist and psychiatrist. I'm not sure if they made a definitive diagnosis, but they said I have OCD/anxiety/depression, but not clinical levels of depression currently. I think I'm just high functioning :?

I've been prescribed 10mg of lexapro daily, have been taking it for about 6 days now.

I still wake up extremely anxious and feeling like I want to just bury my head under the blankets, but my anxiety improves throughout the day. I almost feel normal at night. I still don't feel happy, and have been feeling kind of empty. But maybe I'm just not used to feeling super anxious all of the time? Not sure.

Unfortunately the psychologist was through my school, so I can't do long term therapy there. Will have to get referred to someone within the network. I'm kind of excited, but also terrified of seeing someone.

I always wake up super anxious and it improves throughout the day. Partially because I forget what I was worried about and know I need to worry about/ soothe something. I'm glad you're able to see someone! You WILL get better!
ohmygoodness1102
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post