Our partner

OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi, I have been suffering with POCD for the last 2 and 1/2 years (I’m 19) and I was wondering how groinal responses are commonly felt as and what would be considered a groinal response. My OCD story started literally overnight with me checking, and I didn’t have thoughts of these sort prior to this. I have been diagnosed with OCD shortly after this started. To this day, the type of response I get is a slight throb in my clitoris, and it worries me because the sensation feels good. It’s hard to think of a child being abused and it makes me feel ill. I’d like to like to clarify that when I do get these clitoral responses I’m usually very uncomfortable and my chest hurts. I just want to ask if what I’m experiencing is POCD.

Thank you!
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:40 am

Hi again, I was wondering if anyone had seen this topic yet and had some insight into what I’ve experienced. Please let me know, thank you!
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Has anyone seen this topic yet? I would really appreciate your help!
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby Snaga » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 am

I have boy bits. So not quite the same, still...

When I'm in physical danger- and get in a situation where I could get hurt, or almost get hurt- I have a quite pleasant groinal sensation. It's a very predictable response, in my body. It's not at all sexual in nature- indeed, I'm not thinking anything at all, except that I'm about to get hurt real bad, if I don't watch myself. I can reproduce this almost on demand- which I don't, because I don't want to get hurt! But it's an observable, reproducible, predictable phenomenon. And it's purely brought on by an anxiety spike.

Please don't try that at home! Just take my word for it. It can and does exist, and can be as far removed from sexuality as possible.
Image

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
User avatar
Snaga
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13310
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:58 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Snaga wrote:I have boy bits. So not quite the same, still...

When I'm in physical danger- and get in a situation where I could get hurt, or almost get hurt- I have a quite pleasant groinal sensation. It's a very predictable response, in my body. It's not at all sexual in nature- indeed, I'm not thinking anything at all, except that I'm about to get hurt real bad, if I don't watch myself. I can reproduce this almost on demand- which I don't, because I don't want to get hurt! But it's an observable, reproducible, predictable phenomenon. And it's purely brought on by an anxiety spike.

Please don't try that at home! Just take my word for it. It can and does exist, and can be as far removed from sexuality as possible.


Thank you Snaga!:D While yes the anatomy is different, it’s still comforting to know that just because it may feel pleasurable doesn’t mean it’s what I’m geared towards sexually- in fact the thoughts make me quite uncomfortable.
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 am

If any women who are experiencing POCD know anything about these sensations too it would be an amazing help!
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby EBk3167 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Groinal responses in hocd which I had happened to me all the time. Its probably the same with pocd. You need to do erp and expose yourself more to the groinal responses and accept them. Once you accept , the fear fizzles out which is what happened to me, and then the groinal responses stopped too after I stopped fearing. The mind is great at playing mind games. Its best though to see a professional psychologist that you can work with who can diagnose you as well and do ERP with you.

From what I remember about hocd, desire is usually a major factor in deciding if its ocd. By desire I mean do you feel that you really want it and would be happy. If no , its probably ocd. But see a psych.
EBk3167
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 pm

EBk3167 wrote:Groinal responses in hocd which I had happened to me all the time. Its probably the same with pocd. You need to do erp and expose yourself more to the groinal responses and accept them. Once you accept , the fear fizzles out which is what happened to me, and then the groinal responses stopped too after I stopped fearing. The mind is great at playing mind games. Its best though to see a professional psychologist that you can work with who can diagnose you as well and do ERP with you.

From what I remember about hocd, desire is usually a major factor in deciding if its ocd. By desire I mean do you feel that you really want it and would be happy. If no , its probably ocd. But see a psych.


Thank you so much! I don’t have any desire to do such things with children. And I will definitely look into ERP as I was seen and diagnosed by a psych. For clarification did you have the same groinal sensation as I did or did you feel something different if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you again, and other responses welcome!
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby EBk3167 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:30 am

Hello, am a guy so my groinal response wouldn't be identical, but I assume a groinal response is the same in that we feel a tingle, throb, turn on etc. But it is fake! ERP exposes you to these groinals a lot more, and once you stop fearing them, they fizzle out.
EBk3167
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD: Groinal Responses in Females?

Postby rgb21823 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:05 pm

EBk3167 wrote:Hello, am a guy so my groinal response wouldn't be identical, but I assume a groinal response is the same in that we feel a tingle, throb, turn on etc. But it is fake! ERP exposes you to these groinals a lot more, and once you stop fearing them, they fizzle out.


Ohh okay haha, thanks for the clarification! And I will try my hardest to keep this in mind. It’s hard because I don’t know completely what I am sexually attracted to (I thought I was maybe pansexual to those of my age) and this OCD interrupting is scaring the crap out of me.
rgb21823
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm
Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests