Our partner

What Can I Do When OCD Thoughts Are Bad?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

What Can I Do When OCD Thoughts Are Bad?

Postby FreshGuy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 pm

What can I do when I am in a bad spell with my thoughts and I can't handle them or put up with them anymore?

The last couple of days I fell into a really bad way with my thoughts.

What can I do when my thoughts are torturing me and I can't cope with them?
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What Can I Do When OCD Thoughts Are Bad?

Postby Malasha » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 am

*mod edit- copy-pasted text*
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 9:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RottenFish » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 pm

There are many ways to cope with OCD thoughts. We all need to find what works best for us. When my OCD thoughts are bad, I must immediately prevent the thoughts from spinning out of control.

I envision the OCD thoughts flowing into my mind, then "throwing" the thoughts back out as if I was throwing them in the garbage. I see my OCD thoughts as some kind of unwelcome person in my home. Just like they can enter into my mind, they can leave too. So I choose to "kick" these thoughts out of mind. It's not an easy thing to master, but it can be done.
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Malasha » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:28 am

RottenFish wrote:There are many ways to cope with OCD thoughts. We all need to find what works best for us. When my OCD thoughts are bad, I must immediately prevent the thoughts from spinning out of control.

I envision the OCD thoughts flowing into my mind, then "throwing" the thoughts back out as if I was throwing them in the garbage. I see my OCD thoughts as some kind of unwelcome person in my home. Just like they can enter into my mind, they can leave too. So I choose to "kick" these thoughts out of mind. It's not an easy thing to master, but it can be done.

This way you just give your thoughts a different direction. But you do not give yourself a break from these thoughts. It'll still get in your way. And you could feel bad from the strong inclusion of the thoughts. This method can be a little different. Thoughts OCD is strong energy source inside of you that requires realization. If you offer an interesting subject, thoughts will follow this path. If you remember your favorite song, your imagination will pick it up. But still, no matter how interesting you play these games, you have to be able to stop it when you get tired of it.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 9:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post