Our partner

OCD problems? Preidctions or just nonsense?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

OCD problems? Preidctions or just nonsense?

Postby Ljjgood77091 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 am

I had went to the DMV to get my learners permit. I want to keep this short. This was yesterday in the afternoon. It is early in the morning where I live.

In my mind, I predicted that I would get called at 3:23 pm (even though I didn't want to get called at that time). I happen to have a OCD problem. I'm 21. I'm worried that something really bad will happen to me at the age of 23. That is what I'm afraid this is confirming. I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias or just my OCD playing tricks on my mind.

For over a year and a half, my mind has been seeing "signs" and "coincidences". But my mind is convincing me that there is more to these types of thoughts.

I have trouble tolerating not knowing the future.

Please help.

What are your thoughts? Advice?
Ljjgood77091
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: OCD problems? Preidctions or just nonsense?

Postby Snaga » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:14 pm

I think when people like us want, or expect, or are afraid of, seeing 'signs'... then we're going to see signs everywhere. To me that is akin to magical thinking. A trap us pwOCD frequently fall into.

I share your upset in an uncertain future. I worry about it constantly, and always expect the absolute worst.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: OCD problems? Preidctions or just nonsense?

Postby BadShrimp » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Seems like you're developing an unhealthy obsession with the number 23. It's a real problem that some OCD sufferers have.
BadShrimp
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post