Our partner

Déjà vu?

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Déjà vu?

Postby something_simple » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:34 am

Anyone here ever have a vivid nightmare years back that you forgot over time only to have it reappear years later in your dreams confusing you as to whether the nightmare was just simply a nightmare or if it was in fact a horrific memory that was repressed? I just experienced this for the first time, and it was very uncomfortable to say the least, so much in fact that I felt spooked or a bit on edge for most of the day.
The worst part occurred as soon as I awoke, the nightmare seemed so familiar that I couldn't discern as to whether it really happened or not, but I insisted on telling myself that there was no way it could have happened, which did help me calm down even though it still wasn't completely reassuring. It was as if my brain forgot where it was supposed to be placed, in either memories of dreams or memories of reality.
something_simple
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Déjà vu?

Postby jasmin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi, something_simple! Do you have nightmares a lot or the nightmare disorder? What was the dream about?
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 2031992 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

something_simple wrote:Anyone here ever have a vivid nightmare years back that you forgot over time only to have it reappear years later in your dreams confusing you as to whether the nightmare was just simply a nightmare or if it was in fact a horrific memory that was repressed? I just experienced this for the first time, and it was very uncomfortable to say the least, so much in fact that I felt spooked or a bit on edge for most of the day.
The worst part occurred as soon as I awoke, the nightmare seemed so familiar that I couldn't discern as to whether it really happened or not, but I insisted on telling myself that there was no way it could have happened, which did help me calm down even though it still wasn't completely reassuring. It was as if my brain forgot where it was supposed to be placed, in either memories of dreams or memories of reality.

life is just time, deja vu is always occurring, its just our future and we are reaching checkpoints
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby zwatcher » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm

what i experience is more like a nightmare rerun.
years ago i had a series of episodes where the same or similar nightmares plagued my sleep for a while then dtopped
now over 8 years later this same nightmare hit me hard out of the blue.
most of these episodes are locational, i would be having a nightmare at a particular place i lived at or near and they usually stopped after moving from that place
like nightmares about an abandoned house next door or a house i lived in.
then years later and on a different home i will up and have bassocally the same nightmare about that same old place even though i have not thought of either the dream or the place in many years
zwatcher
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:12 am

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum