Our partner

Need help figuring out what I experienced

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Need help figuring out what I experienced

Postby couldhavebeen » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi! I have had this occur 3-4 times in the last 5 years and I can't seem to find a relevant explanation behind what it actually is...

The thing is that those 3-4 time I fall asleep during the day, I wake up extremely confused and feeling EXTREMELY unwell. It is not possible to describe the feeling, the closest I can get is a mixture of utter confusion and hopelessness. At some point, I can even realize that something is going on but I cannot snap out of it. The feeling is so bad that I even thought I would go crazy if it doesn't stop in 5 minutes. I do not have suicidal thoughts, however. Usually, it slowly fades away but leaves me severely rattled.

Last time it happened, I gathered enough consciousness to call my girlfriend and tell her about my condition and try to calm myself down. Funny thing is that I had to use all of my willpower to make myself call her because somehow I thought that if I call her, the whole world would know I called her in such condition and they would laugh...as I said, extremely confused as to what is real and what is not.

Any ideas what this might be?
couldhavebeen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need help figuring out what I experienced

Postby BethleftRich » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:16 am

Hello, are you napping with intent to sleep? Or if you are not taking cat naps intentionally, could you possibly have an undiagnosed condition? From your description, it sounds to me like you may be having mild convulsions and not knowing it. You mentioned disoriented, that happens sometimes by mild convulsions, or absence spells. If this is really bothering you, I think you should see a doctor. Better to be safe. Take care.

-- Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:22 pm --

Hello, are you napping with intent to sleep? Or if you are not taking cat naps intentionally, could you possibly have an undiagnosed condition? From your description, it sounds to me like you may be having mild convulsions and not knowing it. You mentioned disoriented, that happens sometimes by mild convulsions, or absence spells. If this is really bothering you, I think you should see a doctor. Better to be safe. Take care.
BethleftRich
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum