Our partner

Physical pain IN nightmares?

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Physical pain IN nightmares?

Postby LPUltimate » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 am

Good.. night?

It's 4 in the morning and I just woke up from another nightmare.
I'll be honest. I don't know if I have nightmare disorder. But I haven't slept in the past 4 days without having nightmares. It's killing me. I live on 2h of sleep a day and when I take a nap, I get another nightmare.

I'm scared to fall asleep. Terrified.

The worst thing is. All my nightmares physically hurt. I can almost find nothing about it online.
A friend told me it's a demon warning me that death is near. Its scary and petrifying and just making everything worse.

The worst is that before he told me that I dreamt, in fact about... some sort of demon? It sounded very scary. Like as if someone was sawing wood but it got closer and closer until I felt a breath on my neck.
That moment, in my nightmare, I was sleeping in a bed in some sort of dark tunnel?... Anyways. That's when I choked and felt something push me into the bed. Physically crushing my stomach and ribs. I couldn't move. It hurt. It hurt so so so much.
Then I gasped, blinked and was seemingly awake again. Everything was really dizzy and my stomach felt strange. No pain but as if something did crush me indeed. I ended up crying and now I'm scared to fall asleep again.

I hate my life and sleep was my only escape. Now, even sleep scares me. I have depression and severe anxiety.

What's causing these nightmares. WHY THE PAIN?
LPUltimate
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Physical pain IN nightmares?

Postby Westy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm not sure what causes pain in dreams, I'm also not even sure I have a nightmare disorder either, but I do have nightmares pretty much every time I sleep. So I understand what it feels like to be terrified of falling asleep.
I don't often feel pain in my nightmares however I have had dreams where something horrific was happening to me and I felt pain and shock, it wasn't like the pain you describe though, I technically should have been feeling pain from a particular part of the body but the pain in the dream was more of a sharp, hot electric pain just in the head. In regards to the whole demon warning though, the last time I did have a nightmare that caused physical pain was years ago and I'm not dead yet
Westy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: Physical pain IN nightmares?

Postby Malasha » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 pm

LPUltimate wrote:I hate my life and sleep was my only escape. Now, even sleep scares me. I have depression and severe anxiety.

I think if you manage depression and anxiety, your sleep will get better.

*mod edit*
Last edited by lilyfairy on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posts must be original. Please do not copy/paste the same text to multiple posts.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post