Our partner

Hypnopompic hallucinations, night terrors and sleep paralysi

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Hypnopompic hallucinations, night terrors and sleep paralysi

Postby Confused1am » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:00 am

Hi all,

I have had sleep paralysis and night terrors since I was a young child. I have a few mental health disorders but have recently begun questioning if I suffer from narcolepsy. When I go to sleep, I fall asleep very quickly and go into REM sleep very quickly (within 10minutes or less). Generally I do not get much REM sleep, however, according to my sleep app - ranges from 3 to 13% each night with an average of 8.5 hours sleep. My sleep quality is fairly low, about 65% even when I go to bed early. I wake up frequently and don’t usually remember waking up. I have sleep paralysis with nightmares at least once per week and they are quite frightening, usually featuring some demonic entity. I had similar terrors as a teenager, have had them all my life and they come and go in frequency. Lately they have been quite intense and often. The other night I had one while I was in a period of very deep sleep - I looked at my sleep app the next morning and during the sleep paralysis period, it was as if I had completely flat lined in deep sleep. I am not on any medications currently except Synthroid for my hypothyroidism. Looking for help on how to stop these sleep attacks. Advice from anyone who has a diagnosed sleep disorder on what helps.

Thank you.
Confused1am
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post