Our partner

Sleep - Terrifying

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sleep - Terrifying

Postby Helpmediagnose » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:10 am

HELP ME, IF YOU HAVE EVER HEARD OF A DISORDER THAT MATCHES THE FOLLOWING, LET ME KNOW.

Since I was 13, (5 years ago) I have experienced a sleep disorder unlike anything I'd ever heard of. I've participated in sleep studies, seen countless doctors and therapists, but alas, no one seems to know what it is or how it works. Basically, I've had insomnia all my life, and like anyone would I experience sleep deprivation when I go too long without sleep. Symptoms of this for me was always a buzzing feeling in my head, uncomfortable thoughts, worsened anxiety and physical restlessness. However, when I was 13 it took a turn for the worst. I would eventually fall asleep after these long stretches of consciousness, and within the hour, id wake back up, completely helpless to my own brain. I would scream, rip my clothing off, bite myself or things around me, trying to snap myself out of something I had no control over. I was terrified of my family, and would say nightmarish things to them like "why would you hurt me?" Or "it's not you!" All while destroying the house and hurting myself. My mother brought me to sleep study after the 2nd occurrence a month later. Nothing was found. I was made to stay up, but I did not experience what we refered to as a "terror snap" due to Its horrifying suddeness. I saw countless therapists, they became less frequent, happened more frequently on days where I was inordinately stressed or upset or had a fever. I tried a million different pills, nothing helped.

The way I can best describe how it feels from the inside is like, you know that desperate fear and pain one might feel if they were set on fire and unable to put themselves out? That's how it feels, that same fear and helplessness. I'm unable to process my thoughts at a normal rate, and feel as though the part of my brain that distinguishes reality from fantasy is still asleep, while the rest of me is awake.

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT I MAY BE SUFFERING FROM, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO MAKE A SUGGESTION. I HAVE SUFFERED LONG ENOUGH, I WANT ANSWERS.

thank you.
Helpmediagnose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:21 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sleep - Terrifying

Postby Malasha » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

In fact, relaxation is more important for a person than sleep.

Try the meditation technique. This could really help.
Close your eyes and try to see all the muscle tensions in your body that deprive you of a comfortable state. Pay special attention to the muscles of the face and head. And then, not paying attention to these muscle tensions, you should try to achieve a comfortable state. You can get comfortable condition with a lot of muscle tension. People often do not notice this strong muscle tension and unconsciously support it. This tension may be so strong that your efforts will not be enough to remove it. But your efforts should be directed not to maintain tensions but to remove them.

To do this, you only need to focus on the state of internal comfort.
If you notice that the internal tension as it pulls attention to yourself, try to focus attention on this place, and then as if to get out from under this concentration of attention. This can be called the technique of scattered attention.

Then this thing can happen - you concentrate on some place, you can relax the muscles, but the tension has changed the configuration and went to another place. You track tensions again and you leave from it again and it goes to another place again. So you can meditate as much as you want. If you succeed, then there is a certain pleasure in it.
It is better to do it at night, but you can do it at any time. You can anywhere at least for a moment to close your eyes and instantly disconnect.
In depression, do not orient on the emotional color of the feeling, but only on its strength.
Well, that is the reason for depression can be anything and feelings can be different. But the feelings should be ignored as if they were not.
Sorry for my English.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post