Our partner

I need help.

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I need help.

Postby BPTalle » Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 am

Sooooo this has been going on for awhile but tonight it just got worst. This happens usually a couple times a week and mostly during quick naps. But I’ll just talk about tonight. I couldn’t sleep and finally fell asleep around 12:45am after that I had four dreams and they were all super vivid but I only remembered the last three. The first one I was outside my home (I live on a college campus) and I was riding a bike trying to get away from a bunch of guys but I just couldn’t ride away fast enough. Then I woke myself up and had a dream I was driving my car but I couldn’t stay awake so I was all slumped over and asleep and I couldn’t see the road. I was swearving and saved the car a couple times but I still couldn’t move most of my body. Eventually I landed in a pond but I still couldn’t wake my body up to move. Then I woke up in real life. The last one was the worst, I was in my room and somebody reached through my window and was pulling me out by my hair. But like my whole body was on fire, it actually hurt and I could feel it burning. I couldn’t scream or move my arms and I didn’t even see the person pulling me but I woke up because I realized they were pulling me out of the opposite side of how to window opens. Finally I woke up after like 20 minuets of sleep and all that had happened. These dreams like this happen a lot and I need help stopping them or making it controlled because it’s so hard to wake up.

(Sorry for typos it’s 1:30 now and my brain is kind of foggy)
BPTalle
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I need help.

Postby SGKVN » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi, I used to have nightmare like you, the only thing I can recommend is to have a belief.

I dont mean religion, but something for you to believe in - in my case, my mother.

Everytime I have nightmare or anything, I will call my mother name and think of her, then I will be able to wake up.
SGKVN
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:08 am

Re: I need help.

Postby Malasha » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:01 pm

BPTalle wrote: These dreams like this happen a lot and I need help stopping them or making it controlled because it’s so hard to wake up.

Dreams cannot be stopped and cannot be made controllable. We can only learn to forget dreams as soon as we wake up. We can only learn to forget dreams as soon as we Wake up. Dreams are wind. We see them in the part of the brain that's active. It allows you to see something, but the other part of the brain that is responsible for memory is inactive. Therefore, if you forget the dream immediately after waking up, it's gone forever. It often helps to forget the horrible dreams.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 am

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum