Our partner

Nightmares and difficult sleeping

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Nightmares and difficult sleeping

Postby kzk10104 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I’ve had lots of issues with my mental health for a long time so i think my issues with sleeping might be closely linked. I have alot of paranoia, I’ve tried a lot of drugs in the past which this is probably a result of. That was a long time ago, I haven’t taken any drugs since I was probably 19, I’m 25 now. But My mind is so messed up, I was abused a lot growing up, from a kid into my mid teen years. I have such a long list of neurotic problems... I’d probably be here all day if I tried to explain them all. But another thig thats really affecting me right now is my sleeping habits. I’m not falling asleep until about 3 every night and I’m having recurring nightmares or just uncomfortable dreams that are really affecting me. The nightmares dont happen every night, but at least 3-4 times a week... I’m someone who doesnt sleep very deeply and seems to always have a lot of dream activity going on. And I’m only getting about 4-5 hours sleep a night, but even then I’ll wake up a couple times during... but I can usually fall asleep easily at this point. I’ve started calling in sick to my work every now and again when it gets really bad and I feel so energy deprived, just so I can try and nap... but then I rarely do for long enough.

I’m seriously living with chronic stress here mentally and I know it has a lot to do with my home situation and background etc. My experiences have molded me to become so ###$ up like this. My appetite has also been hugely affected... I’m not eating very much... maybe one meal a day which is usually like chicken with noodles and then I snack all day, mostly on junk food and a bit of fruit.

Has anyone been able to cure their sleep issues? Or know of anything effective to help it? I’ve considered maybe buying sleeping pills. Because my life has been hard enough fot a while without having to now be exhausted more than usual all the time. Its so frustrating.
kzk10104
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post