Our partner

Disturbing nightmares

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Disturbing nightmares

Postby Birdycage » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 am

Hello, I just wanted to talk about the dreams I often have.

I usually have dreams about being killed. Sometimes by a gun, sometimes by knife. Sometimes my grandma is doing the killing (which isn't really surprising for many reasons) but they are just really crazy.

Recently I've had a dream about by stepdad sexually abusing me.

I don't know why I can't just have more good dreams.
Birdycage
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Disturbing nightmares

Postby pumpkinman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:04 am

Hey,

How often do you have these dreams? I think everyone has had a dream about being killed at least once, I know I have. Usually I wake up heart racing right when I die in the dream. I've had at least 3-4 of these in my lifetime, all of them when I was a pre-teen or younger teenager. Nowadays I don't remember my dreams at all.

One thing that I know helps prevent bad dreams is to avoid scary TV shows or movies before you go to bed. I don't know if you watch a lot of violent content, or have had very scary experiences in real life. But those could cause nightmares as well.

One ritual I had that actually worked was after I said my nighttime prayers, I would say "and please no bad dreams". I also bought two cheap dream catchers from a local store. I actually have them in my room every since, hanging here as I type this. I have had them for many many years. Not sure why, but this worked.

Some of my past scary dreams if your interested:
1) Me & my best friend found large eggs in my backyard. Next thing I know, it was alligator eggs and we were being chased by an alligator. He caught me and ate me and my friend. This dream was caused by a fear of alligators at a young age.

2) I was in a store, and a hitman was trying to kill me. I was constantly running away trying to escape during the dream, but I never could. He finally shot and killed me. This dream was caused by watching scary TV when I was younger, specially before I went to bed.

3) I was in an empty field, with multiple tornado's. The tornado's were actually chasing me. They caught me and killed me. This dream was caused by a fear of tornado's when I was younger, a fear caused by my grandmother. She was terrified of tornado's and gave the fear to me. Luckily, I got over it as I grew up. This was my first and only lucid dreaming experience as well. After I died in the dream, I woke up for seconds before falling back asleep. I actually went back into the dream, and remembered that it was a dream. I was actually able to control the dream and had no fear of the tornado's because I knew it was fake and wouldn't really kill me.
pumpkinman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Jamie514 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Feeling very shoked to heared your dream and now I tell you one think that allways stay free of tension. Never think about any negative things.
Jamie514
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby bonnie7634 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:18 am

I agree with you Jamie, it happens because of stress in mind. Usually dreams are the mixture of all things in brain store. Always be positive, be happy then dreams will also be positive.
bonnie7634
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post