Our partner

Help my friend

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help my friend

Postby jsbka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Okay my friend had this weird thing every night for a few years when she was 4-8 years old (she's a teen now.) She is very concerned about it right now and I want to help her.

Well here goes the story
Every night when she went to sleep she saw this tornado in the middle of her room, Small dark coloured shapes fell on her arms and waist, she just brushed them off with her hands. She couldn't fell them, she could only see them. They were not scary but irritating. This was there every night until the bed got moved to the other side of the room.

Anyone know what this is or what could have caused it?

She has no fear of tornadoes.
Last edited by mark1958 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: minor edit
jsbka
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help my friend

Postby Afraidtodream » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:09 pm

I used to have something similar. A doctor told me it could be that some people's brains take longer to wind down after screen stimulation. He told me to avoid screens for 2 hours before bed time. This means avoiding anything with a screen i.e..no TV, no looking at your phone, don't even look at your alarm clock LED screen.
This worked for me, I rarely see those aliens anymore (that's what i used to call them!). Best of luck to your friend. I would love to hear if this works for her too.
It can be scary to see these things that are not real, so it's important to relax and remember there is nothing spooky happening and everything has a solution. Just keep trying until something works.
Afraidtodream
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 am

Re: Help my friend

Postby Afraidtodream » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Also, if it stopped when her bed was moved to the other side of the room, it's possible it was just light reflecting from the window? Something coming from outside and reflecting off a mirror?
Afraidtodream
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 am

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum