Our partner

Night terror?

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Night terror?

Postby Livrae15 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 am

There's this one particular dream that I still TO this day can not exactly explain fully but it's like I'm on a roller coaster or something similar going around in circles and I can't get off and I'm CONVINCED I'm going to die and it wakes me up but I'm still half asleep and still convinced I'm going to die so I have to have someone (usually my mum) calm me down and wake me up. It hasn't happened for about 2 years now but I used to get it every week or so when I was younger and my mum just told me it was a night terror, and that I would eventually grow out of them like my older sister and sure enough I did But still to this day before I go to bed I sometimes just have this gut feeling it's going to happen again so I don't sleep because I'm terrified it will happen and it's literally the worst experience ever. I remember distinctly my head used to feel so fuzzy and like it was spinning,my stomach would get in knots to the point where I felt like I was going to be sick and it felt like there was something in my mouth even though there wasn't. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Many thanks
Livrae15
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Night terror?

Postby helloagain » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:14 am

Perhaps you can get rid of the nightmare by riding a real roller coaster and convincing yourself that it doesn't kill you?
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 am

Re: Night terror?

Postby Livrae15 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:56 pm

helloagain wrote:Perhaps you can get rid of the nightmare by riding a real roller coaster and convincing yourself that it doesn't kill you?

That's the weirdest thing im not scared of rollercoasters at all
Livrae15
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 am

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post