Our partner

Is it possible to regularly stop breathing during dreaming?

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Is it possible to regularly stop breathing during dreaming?

Postby ilithios » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:02 pm

For the last 7 years i sometimes have nightmares(most of the time i don't recall any dreams but my sleep is deeply unsatisfying ) that cause me to wake up with numbing arms and even a buzzing headache.Some relevant info about me.I feel extremely lonely, have social anxiety ,have frequent conflicts with my parents and i sometimes get desperate .
I went to several psychologists and psychiatrists but couldn't give a cause for that.
Do you have anything similar?What illness do you think i may have?
ilithios
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is it possible to regularly stop breathing during dreaming?

Postby helloagain » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 am

Consult a neurologist
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Postby helloagain » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:04 am

Sorry, let me explain. I have recently developed a problem with sleep. I fall asleep in meetings or even while walking or standing!. Even if I sleep eight hours in the night, I am not satisfied and remain sleepy throughout the day. When I read your post about unsatisfying sleep, it rang a bell, though the symptoms on waking up are somewhat different. I have a heavy feeling in the head rather than a headache. Also, my sleep is not deep but I get nightmares (not very scary) and a couple of times I have fallen out of my bed in a strange manner. I have not simply rolled down but literally leapt to the floor. The first time I was able to block the fall in time with my hand but the second time I woke up after my head hit the ground! I fell on my head! Naturally I got panicky and consulted a psychiatrist, thinking that it was a mental disorder. But he could not figure out and directed me to go to a neurologist. He conducted several tests and concluded that I have narcolepsy, an age related nervous condition, not a mental disorder. Since you mention a sleep disorder, nightmares and also failure of psychologists and psychiatrists to diagnose the problem, I suggest you consult a neurologist in case your problem is something parallel to mine. Wish you the best.
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Could possibly be a sleep apnea. Very dangerous medical disorder that the body stop breathing during sleep, and picks up. Can happen multiple times a night, can be hard to sleep and can cause weird dreams. Can happen while you're dreaming, too.
Email me if you want a doughnut

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG, Lexapro 5mg

Forum Rules

Heck
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views