Our partner

Very disturbing dream

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Very disturbing dream

Postby Scaredkb » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:33 am

I can remember as a child having terrifying dreams about being stuck on the ceiling and not being able to get down. I would also feel like something was holding me in my roo
And wouldn't let me leave or scream. I haven't experienced this since I was about 15.

I'm 36 now. I took a nap today while my toddler was napping. My husband was napping too. I felt like was trying to wake up but something was laying on top of me. I couldn't breathe, move or scream. I keep trying to call for my husband to help me but couldn't get anything to come out. Then, I was thrown from the bed. I squished me against the wall and took me to the ceiling. I felt like I was awake but unable to control anything. I finally woke up, fine and in my bed. All my muscles hurt, I was gasping for air and crying. I have a bruise on my chest that I don't remember from before.

Someone please tell what is happening? Am I going crazy? Are there bad spirits in my house? Or is this normal for adult sleep paralysis/ night terrors. Also, in my dreams as a child I was always in the bed looking up at myself stuck to the ceiling.

Geez, I sound crazy. No diagnosed or family history of psychosis. I am on lexapro for depression and anxiety. I also use clonazepam for restless leg syndrome. Is it the meds??? I'm scared to go to sleep tonight.
Scaredkb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Very disturbing dream

Postby Saigal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Forget about bad spirits. There are no such things. You may not be getting enough sleep. Nightmares happen when you have insomnia. The bruise you mentioned must have been made by yourself during the dream. There is a dream therapy in which the patient is advised to change her dream anyway she wishes. So next time you have a nightmare try to change it any way you wish. And try to get 8 hours of sleep everyday.
Saigal
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Postby Elochai » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 am

Clonazepam has a rare side effect that causes sleep disturbances, nightmares and vivid dreams. If you haven't been on it long then it may be that. And of course depression and anxiety can cause nightmares

Scaredkb wrote: Also, in my dreams as a child I was always in the bed looking up at myself stuck to the ceiling..

Woah, that's bizarre I always used to have the exact same dream. I have no idea if it has any meaning, but you're not alone on that one.

I don't really have any suggestion, but I will always have a nightmare is I don't hug a teddy or pillow, (I'm 21) and I find falling to sleep while thinking of the things you love really helps; pets, your children, ect
Elochai
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 am

Postby bonnie7634 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 am

Sleep paralysis is very common, and yes, very scary at that moment. The feeling at that moment cannot be explained. It happens with everyone. But still if you think that there are bad spirits in your house you can talk to a *mod edit* expert who have a better knowledge about this. Don't worry, it is very natural. Sleep well!
Last edited by seabreezeblue on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam..
bonnie7634
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post