Our partner

Sleep Paralysis & Shadow People

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sleep Paralysis & Shadow People

Postby BlindChaos » Sat May 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Sleep Paralysis While Taking Anti-Depressants Causing Shadow People To Appear In Dreams

A few months ago I was taking 30mg of Amitriptyline as prescribed by a neurologist to help with chronic headaches. One night while I was sleeping I had a bout of sleep paralysis that caused me to see a strange shadow creature standing over my bed. It appeared to be thin, no eyes and had horns on the top of its head. It seemed to just stand there watching me sleep. After my dream self started snoring the shadow creature became frightened and vanished from out of thin air.

After it suddenly and abruptly left I woke up terrified because it felt so real. I don't know what it was doing there and why it became frightened by noise and my awareness of it but I was very afraid. It makes me think that it might have had malicious intent, for what would have happened if I was unable to scare it off or continued to sleep in my bed at that night? For the next week or so I had to sleep with a night light and the fan turned on just to feel safe enough to sleep in my own bed.

I was wondering if this has ever happen to you, what you have done to prevent it in the future and what does this all mean. I am tired all the time and I need your help.
BlindChaos
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post