Our partner

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:34 am

News News of Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum

Site map of Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum » Forum : Intermittent Explosive Disorder Forum

Intermittent Explosive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

help, 9 year old out of control

My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed a year and a half ago as bipolar, we switched dr and the new diagnosis is intermittant explosive disorder which really does describe her, she shows no remorse for the things she does and she even screams that we are beating her or burning her or other wise hurting her when she is in these rages, and we are no where near her. She threatens to tell the ...
Read more : help, 9 year old out of control | Views : 4221 | Replies : 0

12 year old new diagnoised IED,ODD,ADHD

My 12 year old son has currently been diagnoised with Intermittent explosive disorder , also Oppositional defiant disorder along with already know adhd.
He has been having behavior problems for years and it just got to where there was no controling/helping him in his rages so I seeked medical help. He is currently in the hospital a week today and maybe in till at least next week. He is on meds, getting lots of differ ...
Read more : 12 year old new diagnoised IED,ODD,ADHD | Views : 7456 | Replies : 6

need help

Is there speccif meds for IED or n e thing i was dx w/ BIPOLAR but I dont believe I have that. Can someone help me? :?
Read more : need help | Views : 2954 | Replies : 0

IED Treatment Journal - Advice?

Hello :(

I'm starting this journal and hope others will share their experiences with their treatment for IED. Please???

:arrow: DIAGNOSIS
I'm 35 (female) and have had IED since adolecense. I also suffer from Anxiety and Depression.

:arrow: MEDICAL AND THERAPY
I've been seeing a psychiatrist for meds over the past ...
Read more : IED Treatment Journal - Advice? | Views : 5030 | Replies : 4

Friends?

My son, Trevor, has IED and is 12 years old. Since an incident with another child none of the mothers want their kids hanging out with mine. Our psychologist says this is degressing Trevor's progress and its making it worse for all of us at home. Any suggestions for Trevor or myself?
Read more : Friends? | Views : 5228 | Replies : 4

searching for an answer, or a pathway

I stumbled across this forum while looking for information on anger. I've been with my husband almost 3 years now, and for 2 of those years I've lived in fear of his outbursts.

If what is causing these outbursts is a mental disorder that has a chance of being controlled, and if he's willing then I'll be willing to stand by him through it all, as I have already for at least 2 years of ...
Read more : searching for an answer, or a pathway | Views : 5312 | Replies : 4

6 year old angel at home is major problem in school.

My 6 year old grandson is the perfect angel around me; when he is in school is quite another matter. He is in constant trouble with the teacher. He will not let other kids do their work. He talks and disrupts the class constantly. When another child makes him angry, he hits, spits, kicks, whatever. He has told me that once it is in his head that he is going to hit someone (or whatever), ...
Read more : 6 year old angel at home is major problem in school. | Views : 4994 | Replies : 3

Living with IED

Im a 17 years old recently diagnosed with intermittent explosive disorder. I would like to find support and to be able to talk to others with this disorder. Also if anyone is interested you are more then welcome to jion my support group. Anyone is welcome. Just go to intermittentexplosivedisorder-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Thanks.

-Nike
Read more : Living with IED | Views : 51130 | Replies : 36

old rules

Welcome to PsychForums.com!

The rules here are simple, this is an open forum and we would like to keep it that way.

Watch Your Language Please. We understand the use of certain words, but please do not go overboard or we will need to start censoring those words.
Be Sensible. Don't post more personal information that you are willing to share with a stranger.
Be Respectful of Others. Please do not post hateful or ...
Read more : old rules | Views : 3014 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2158684 • Total topics 181836 • Total members 208693