Our partner

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:11 am

News News of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Site map of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum » Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

How do you handle a mooch?

Maybe this post was a little too long, so I've cut it down some. Please read and give advice, please.

I don't want to sound like I'm badmouthing my sister, I love her, but I guess it's fair to say I really hate her behaviour. I don't want to be mean to or about her. Perhaps 'My sister is a leech' sounded like I was being too ...
Read more : How do you handle a mooch? | Views : 13192 | Replies : 7

What's the worst thing a narcissist ever said to you?

The last thing my ex said to me was "I don't hate you, but I don't respect you". This was after he announced his engagement and gave me a long speech about how I need to move on and maybe I'm not healthy enough to be in relationship, blah, blah. All of it was obnoxious, but there was something about those last words "I don't respect you" that hurt like nothing else can. I think ...
Read more : What's the worst thing a narcissist ever said to you? | Views : 39207 | Replies : 308

Children of DID parent **TRIGGER WARNING**

Since starting trauma therapy I've repeatedly told my T that I'm terrified for my children (I should probably also say that they are healthy and happy and everyone who has anything to do with them - preschool teachers, etc - say the same thing).

My mother was terribly inconsistent. I feel that I am terribly inconsistent. I don't slap my children across the face or tell them that I hate them. I try to make ...
Read more : Children of DID parent **TRIGGER WARNING** | Views : 10065 | Replies : 67

Hopefully an inspirational story for struggling Non's (BPD)

***moved to significant others, family & friends***

This is not meant to offend anyone with Borderline Personality Disorder. I am writing this only because I know what it is like to be on the Non side of things.

For 18-months, I dated an undiagnosed BPD. Some in my life think he was more sociopathic than borderline. I don't think so. But he exhibit every trait, to a T., and to a hurtful and destructive extreme. ...
Read more : Hopefully an inspirational story for struggling Non's (BPD) | Views : 1785 | Replies : 4

For NON-BPDs: Information and Resources

Welcome to the borderline personality disorder forum. Whether you know for sure that someone in your life has BPD, or you simply suspect that they do, you have made an important first step. You have noticed that something isn’t right in your interactions with a specific person or people and you’ve started to ask questions. This is an important step in your recovery--whether you choose to leave or to stay in the relationship.

That said... ...
Read more : For NON-BPDs: Information and Resources | Views : 47993 | Replies : 23

inappropriate sexual behavior towards child HPD parent

MOVED BY MODERATOR TO SIGNIFICANT OTHERS FORUM, WITH SHADOW THREAD IN HPDHas anyone out there raised by an HPD parent ever had that parent act sexually inappropriately towards them?
Read more : inappropriate sexual behavior towards child HPD parent | Views : 5236 | Replies : 24

Support for Non-Histrionic Personality Disorder

New thread just for Non HPD's.
Keep it as positive as you can, and I wish everyone all the Best!
Read more : Support for Non-Histrionic Personality Disorder | Views : 56974 | Replies : 111

Non-Narcissistic Support thread.....

Hello Everyone,

The title is just that.

Peace to all.
Read more : Non-Narcissistic Support thread..... | Views : 104209 | Replies : 234

how to have a successful relationship with an HPD

I've been with my current girlfriend (who has really pretty bad HPD) for 14 months, which is actually my longest relationship ever. I see a lot of people on this forum who don't understand how to deal with ...
Read more : how to have a successful relationship with an HPD | Views : 26883 | Replies : 110

Non-Borderline Support thread.....

You all work so hard and support each other I think this will help in several ways.

This way Borderlines might see or relate to something, and become self aware about a BPD behavior.
Read more : Non-Borderline Support thread..... | Views : 180287 | Replies : 1270

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2154716 • Total topics 181487 • Total members 205831