Our partner

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:00 am

News News of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Site map of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum » Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Apologizing to an N

If I criticize or shame an N and instigate an N meltdown/communication break-down, how does my apology affect him/her? Is this a show of weakness that give him him/her more reason to be disgusted by me, or is the gesture appreciated? What is the best way to bounce back from a fight with an N when you have crossed that boundary and trampled on their self-esteem?
Read more : Apologizing to an N | Views : 4059 | Replies : 30

Does a person with delusional disorder knows he/she is sick?

I'm very frustrated now, cause it's almost the end of the year and my mom still doesn't know she's sick, she's been sick almost a year! She has serious delusional disorder since this January, she's the Persecutory Type and Jealous Type. Her two big problems: she thinks she and I have been raped and she imagined that my dad is cheating on her.

I'll give you an ideal how crazy she is, and this is ...
Read more : Does a person with delusional disorder knows he/she is sick? | Views : 11965 | Replies : 22

Courage to Leave a Bad Situation

I posted here previously as the wife standing alongside a man who has had delusion disorder jealousy subtype for years(and also very likely persecutory subtype). I am now a free woman. Eleven days ago a straw broke the camel's back and I just - LEFT. A feat that even a week previously I did not know if I would have the courage to perform, and definitely not as well as I did it. I feel ...
Read more : Courage to Leave a Bad Situation | Views : 9391 | Replies : 41

The New Woman: Your Replacement

Yeah, I like to beat my dead horse.

I've been doing so well. Or I was until BOOM I find out my N ex is living with a girl after knowing her for 8 days. I'm prettier, but she's way more accomplished, and as a cerebral, he's just eating it up, I know.

Here's how I feel: like utter complete dog sh it. He never wanted to live with me. In fact, I imagine he's ...
Read more : The New Woman: Your Replacement | Views : 25733 | Replies : 59

The HPD GAME (for dummies) (Non Thread)

The HPD GAME is pretty simple. It is this:

Person with HPD meets guy. HPD lights him up. Makes him feel like no one has before. She shares intimate details with him, almost right away, to bring him in close. She treats him like a god. She's very sexual and she is very beautiful. Her goal, conscious or not, is to make him fall obsessively in love with her. Once he does, she starts to ...
Read more : The HPD GAME (for dummies) (Non Thread) | Views : 8855 | Replies : 108

Help!My son thinks hes God.

First let me say bi-polar is on my husbands side of the family. My 22 yr old son went through a "perfect storm"of sorts 6 weeks ago. 2 jobs, college, drugs etc...the straw that broke the camels back seems to be the breakup with a girlfriend.He was acting clearly insane, thought he was God, invincible, at the hospital he asked the dr for a lighter so he could set himself on fire to prove a ...
Read more : Help!My son thinks hes God. | Views : 11249 | Replies : 14

HPD's - Creating jealousy to hurt people

* Question aimed more at HPD's but I'd like to hear non-HPD's experiences too *

Out of curiosity...

Is it a pretty standard trait of HPD's to create jealousy to purposefully create pain for people who love them?

For example - relentless efforts to make a lover jealous by showing interest in other men/women, both by deliberate and direct means and/or even just by subtle suggestion.

If the answer is yes to this question and ...
Read more : HPD's - Creating jealousy to hurt people | Views : 10165 | Replies : 26

Delusional Wife refuses to seek Treatment

Hello --

I am new to this site.

Following explains what I have been going through:

The problem started about a year back when my wife suddenly
became withdrawn and stopped talking to everyone. Her interaction
with me was limited to daily activities but showed no interest otherwise.
We have a toddler with special needs. Prior to becoming withdrawn she used
to take great care of our son but slowly that stopped and came to ...
Read more : Delusional Wife refuses to seek Treatment | Views : 1201 | Replies : 2

Why we can't love someone with HPD (for NONs only)

1.) Because she can't really love us back.

2.) Because when she is safe, loved, her heart and mind soon wander to others.

3.) Because she needs far more than she can give.

4.) Because love for he is about being desired by many others.

5.) Because she'll show more compassion to an acquaintance than she will her "lover"

6.) Because even if you love her, and she loves you, she'll remind you in a ...
Read more : Why we can't love someone with HPD (for NONs only) | Views : 9062 | Replies : 38

Help with Ex-Wife with BPD

Moved from BPD forum to the SOFF forum :) Replies can come from both places.-Cheze2
Thanks ahead of time for any replies!

I was married to a BPD woman for 12 years. I new she had issues, but didn't know it had a name. She had an affair, I was split black, the new guy split white and I was gone. I went to counseling and heard ...
Read more : Help with Ex-Wife with BPD | Views : 2556 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2154716 • Total topics 181487 • Total members 205832