Our partner

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:46 pm

News News of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Site map of Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum » Forum : Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Advice on possibly narcissist boyfriend?

So my boyfriend of 3 years has been showing traits of being a narcissist. He has a psychiatrist and has been diagnosed with either bipolar disorder or mood disorder (not sure exactly which). He's extremely smart, and is going to a university about 4 hours away, but I plan to transfer there in about a year. He's 21 and I'm 20. Both Caucasian. Anyway I've been doing alot of research to try to figure out ...
Read more : Advice on possibly narcissist boyfriend? | Views : 572 | Replies : 3

Saying "I love you" [possible HPD relationship]

I'm still processing a variety of things that occurred between my possible HPD ex-gf and myself.

This morning I was thinking about how early on in our knowing each other, before our relationship turned romantic, she would send me texts out of the blue saying she loved me, as in "I love you baby!"

At this point I enjoyed her quite a bit, and she and I were in near daily contact, but I thought ...
Read more : Saying "I love you" [possible HPD relationship] | Views : 1664 | Replies : 11

Can AvDP strike an emotional bargain with HPD?

It's so long, arrgh!!! :oops:

I moved in with landlady K on trial basis - I sized her up as histrionic and fully intended to invoke the trail period to move on. But since I'm in therapy (CBASP) for chronic depression and AvDP, I decided to commit to settling in and not jumping on craigslist first time she triggered me. My therapist seemed surprised, but agreed. I ...
Read more : Can AvDP strike an emotional bargain with HPD? | Views : 1137 | Replies : 10

Bipolar or brush off

I recently reconnected with someone I dated about 20 years ago. We were never serious back then but I was always fond of him. We became Facebook friends a couple of years ago but we never really talked on there. He messaged me a few weeks ago and after talking all day via text he asked me out. We went out the following evening and had a great date. We got together again the following ...
Read more : Bipolar or brush off | Views : 464 | Replies : 6

Can a leopard change ‘her’ spots? (HPD)

I think my ex gf may be hpd! I am trying to bring some mental closure to this relationship that ended over 3 months ago but I can’t get her out of mind nor come to grips with what caused us to fail.
I know that for the first two months she was everything I could ask for and more. After two month of being at my house every night I was unable to get ...
Read more : Can a leopard change ‘her’ spots? (HPD) | Views : 835 | Replies : 3

Do they try to "trade up" ? (HPD)

I think my NPD/HPD was trying to get Mr. Wonderful as a "trade up". She even told me how great he was, and said we should see other people.

But when he just used her for a little fling, and then told her she needed to go home she changed her tune,
and said it was nothing, just a 1 time thing.

We had only been married 2 weeks!

Do you think that's pretty common ...
Read more : Do they try to "trade up" ? (HPD) | Views : 1419 | Replies : 11

Fell in love through the Internet with an aspie

Hello, everyone!

First, sorry for mistakes. I don't speak English very well.

I've met one guy on one language site. I liked him because he is different. He liked me also. We talk via Skype every day, he lives in US and I live in Russia. He's different because he has Asperger's Syndrome. Before I met him I even didn't hear about this sickness. I started to learn more about it. I'd like to get ...
Read more : Fell in love through the Internet with an aspie | Views : 914 | Replies : 13

Do HPD's know they are lying?

I am a NON and about to be divorced. My HPD wife filed 6 months ago.

7 solid years, zero complaints whatsoever + tons of compliments, then the perfect storm happens to her (severedACL+surgery recovery+physical therapy+booze+stress+painkillers+sleep deprivation+food deprivation+even more stuff). Now she completely hates my guts all of a sudden and is accusing me of every negative thing SHE SAID ABOUT HERSELF over the years. Every loving attempt to communicate with her is labeled harrassment.... ...
Read more : Do HPD's know they are lying? | Views : 6678 | Replies : 35

brainwashed by controlling wife - how to help open his eyes?

My brother has been married for 10+ years. His wife, who I believe has N traits to say the least, has succeeded in gradually isolating him from the rest of the family. She is very easily insulted. There have been numerous occasions over the years where at a family gathering somebody - an uncle, aunt, cousin etc. - innocently asked a completely normal question which we (my sister, mom and dad) later found out had ...
Read more : brainwashed by controlling wife - how to help open his eyes? | Views : 39366 | Replies : 19

Destroyed Twice by HPD (any chance of this working?)

Many years ago, I was madly in love with a girl, and we had a stormy 5 year relationship. She was very young, cheated a ton, etc. Anyway, I took her back time and again (or rather, pursued, begged, and won ...
Read more : Destroyed Twice by HPD (any chance of this working?) | Views : 1996 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2155151 • Total topics 181511 • Total members 206229