Our partner

It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:02 am

News News of Conversion Disorder Forum

Site map of Conversion Disorder Forum » Forum : Conversion Disorder Forum

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

The Most Complete Info On Motor Paralysis CD

Hi Everyone.

I've just read through the whole article and it really is the best and most thorough info I've come across to date. True it deals mainly with motor paralysis, diagnosis and treatment, but it addresses the whole issue of CD and the wide range of symptoms.

Anyone not being taken seriously or getting appropriate and immediate treatment for CD, should print this and take it to their Health Providors and Social Services.

It's ...
Read more : The Most Complete Info On Motor Paralysis CD | Views : 6375 | Replies : 2

Support? In The UK??

Grrrr!! Just wondering where the support is for CD sufferers in the UK?

THe MS'ers have their support systems, the Cancer people have theirs etc etc but CD has nothing. Not even MIND acknowledge it.

I was diagnosed last September and am more or less unable to walk now, along with various other problems, and I have had not one ounce of support or help from anyone in any way shape or form.

Grrr I ...
Read more : Support? In The UK?? | Views : 7888 | Replies : 15

www.conversiondisorder.co.uk

the following site may be of interest to folk

www.conversiondisorder.co.uk

80% (source- Nightingale Foundation) of folk with conversion disorder do in fact have a missed diagnosis. The site is aimed at publicising this and encouraging patients to exercise their right for a second opinion.
Read more : www.conversiondisorder.co.uk | Views : 2553 | Replies : 1

New Year

Well, I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that posts in here....

ah well - just thought i'd wish anyone reading a happy new year.
Read more : New Year | Views : 2810 | Replies : 4

Merry Christmas

I'd just like to wish everyone in here that celebrates it a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2007.

All the best to you and yours
Dan xx
Read more : Merry Christmas | Views : 1940 | Replies : 0

Conversion disorder frustrations

Hi everybody,
hope things are still at least somewhat active here, since it doesn't seem like there's been many posts recently. I've been dealing with depression since I was six, and about 7 years ago(when I was 20) I started having conversion symptoms. In my case they were muscle jerks. They started as body trembling, near to a pseudo-seizure but not as violent, and got worse. The apparent cause was a unhealthy relationship I was ...
Read more : Conversion disorder frustrations | Views : 3823 | Replies : 1

Memory issues with CD of a 16 year old

Hi...Well, this is my first time doing something like this, but i just wanted to talk to people with CD and see if anyone else had problems like I do. I wasn't exactly diagnosed with CD, but my doctors think I have it, although they are not sure. I have memory issues with my CD, and thats the only symptom, I've had it for almost a year now. What happens is that every time I ...
Read more : Memory issues with CD of a 16 year old | Views : 2867 | Replies : 2

Another new diagnosis

Hi. Well am I glad I have found this site!!! So thought I would give my history of this too. Warning, it may take a while :-)

December 2004 I was sleeping all the time. I would come home from work and go to bed, get up in the morning for work etc. Hubby took me to the doctor who said to go to hospital for a ...
Read more : Another new diagnosis | Views : 7333 | Replies : 10

People in the UK

Is there anyone here that is living with CD/CSD in the UK at all?

Thanks - Dan
Read more : People in the UK | Views : 3244 | Replies : 4

My daughter has cd - info please

Hi, my daughter (14) has been diagnosed with conversion disorder. It started with pseudo seizures, then paralysis of left arm, now paralysis of both legs, loss of vision in one eye, blurred vision in other. This started mid APril and has been spiralling out of control since then.

Does anyone have, or had, same type and combination of symptoms? Any recommendations on where and type of treatment? How long to recovery (part or whole)?

Your ...
Read more : My daughter has cd - info please | Views : 4170 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2157077 • Total topics 181691 • Total members 207531