Our partner

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:56 am

News News of Bipolar Disorder Forum

Site map of Bipolar Disorder Forum » Forum : Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Could I actually have this disorder?

I doubt this'll help me much but I hate seeing doctors and I don't have health insurance.

Anyways...I've always been "different". My personality is noticeably different from everyone else's - I am a person who honestly believes that the majority of people have had their "personalities" shapen and defined only by their surrounding culture, and not by their actual selves.

There is something I have told very few people, and that I have not heard ...
Read more : Could I actually have this disorder? | Views : 2098 | Replies : 8

A new classification? Please read

I'm no psychologist, but I have done my fair share of reading on the topic, and encountered something pretty strange. I have a really close female friend with some strange (to say the least) problems. After countless hours of conversation with her, often acting as a therapist figure, I think I might have had some sort of breakthrough in the psychology field.

Let me start with a brief history of the subject, who I will ...
Read more : A new classification? Please read | Views : 1293 | Replies : 1

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT BIPOLAR DISORDER?!?

Hi. My name is Graziela and I am 19 years old. About three years ago, I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and being bipolar. I understood what the post traumatic stuff was, but not exactly what bipolar is. I was watching Oprah the other day and one of the actors was talking about someof the symptoms she experienced from being bipolar. I could relate to alot of what she was saying, it's just that ...
Read more : CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT BIPOLAR DISORDER?!? | Views : 1731 | Replies : 3

Quinolone as possible trigger?

Hello,

My 20-year-old daughter was dx'ed with BP three years ago. She has been stable on her meds since her dx.

Recently, she has had a relapse (if that is even the correct word) that we believe to be due to her having been on Avelox, a quinolone antibiotic, for 14 days.

I found many online citations implicating the quinolones in CNS stimulation, but I was wondering if anyone else with BP specifically has experienced ...
Read more : Quinolone as possible trigger? | Views : 1982 | Replies : 5

New and on the manic side yet depressed still (triggers ?)

Well, as I said, I'm new here, at least I think I am, right now I really don't know where I have been

I'll start off with a bit of an introduction about myself.

I was diagnosed as Bipolar with Schizoaffective Disorder so needless to say, my life has been a bit crazy (hopefully that dosen't offend anyone) maybe I should say interesting at times.

I was diagnosed around 10 years ago and at first ...
Read more : New and on the manic side yet depressed still (triggers ?) | Views : 2970 | Replies : 3

Some help for children of a suffer-er in denial please

hi, I think my friends mum has mutiple episodes of rapid-cycling bipolar disorder. And refuses to get any help as 'nothing' is wrong and manages to put an act on in front of some people that everything is fine, when in private things isnt.

shes been taken for help before but they all decided to get her out due to missing her, and now have nobody to turn to, to get help as she keeps ...
Read more : Some help for children of a suffer-er in denial please | Views : 1224 | Replies : 2

New adn in need of understanding

My name is Jill. I am 25, diagnosed bipolar, not sure 1 or 2. I am in a funk right now. Beyond the bipolar I am a cutter, I have acute OCD, and severe depression. I am a total mess right now and don't know why. I have been crying for about 5 hour straight. It started because of a fight, no discussion my hubby and I had over his drinking. I think he drinks ...
Read more : New adn in need of understanding | Views : 1214 | Replies : 2

feeling crazy...

I posted this before in my thread "suicide", but I decided to post it again in a separate thread.

First of all. I'd really appreciate any responses to this post. I want to know what you guys think about this.

I really thought I was possibly losing my sanity yesterday. First of all. I was having a good day, but then my mom told me about a million things that I need to do in ...
Read more : feeling crazy... | Views : 5573 | Replies : 17

Struggling

Hi, this is my first post. I found my way to this site through sheer determination to find some type of support from people who have BP. There aren't any support groups close to where I live and the only one remotely accessible is on a Sunday afternoon, which is out of the question because I'm a mother of 2 young kids and a wife and this is very much our "family time".

I'm 30 ...
Read more : Struggling | Views : 1949 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2154546 • Total topics 181476 • Total members 205717