Our partner

It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:57 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Extreme hyper awareness over body image

****POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING - MENTIONS WEIGHT/APPEARANCE AND DIET? ******

Hi Jody here

So we're having issues with Susan over the photo's/video issue. She refuses to come out into the body or speak/open her mouth (cos the photo's highlighted the gaps in her front teeth and she says she sounds r*****ed. (I hate that word, we used to get called it at school :cry: ) ...
Read more : Extreme hyper awareness over body image | Views : 191 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

My Abuser May Be Coming to Live with Me (Trigger Warning)

I ... don't know what to say ... but I know I'll think of a lot soon. Basically, my abuser's life just fell apart and she might have to come live with my mother and me. She is my older half-sister from my mother. She has DID and ...

*** Trigger warning: rape and incest ***

... one of her alters used to rape us. She may have stopped when we got her (the rapist ...

Always drawn to this comfortable motivational speaker

I had serious mental issues that were so deep and need intense amount of some intervention by a Psycologist who was trained in treating disorders.And those who were trained in abnormal psychology.But my issue is that I got hooked up wit this one therapist whose an occupational therapist and what I lol about him was his rather ignorant approach to his clients.Like he's just calls his clients friendly names and see them as people having ...
Read more : Always drawn to this comfortable motivational speaker | Views : 130 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Therapy

Letter to Harm OCD/Ethics OCD sufferers

TRIGGER WARNING, this could hurt you. But it could also help you immensely if you're the right person. Read at your own risk.

My name is Ben. I've suffered with OCD since I was 15 years old. I'm 26 now.
I know what this OCD does to you. I know how it cripples your decisions, makes you hate yourself in ways and depths you never expected were possible, makes you feel worthy of a slow ...

Urge to watch my baby suffer

I was very hesitant about putting this out on the internet, but it's worrying me more and becoming more frequent.

Over a week ago my wife and I had our first baby, a beautiful girl named Emily. For the first week I just wanted to look at her, hold her, and be with her as much as possible. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, I suddenly got this very intoxicating feeling whenever she cried intensely. This ...
Read more : Urge to watch my baby suffer | Views : 263 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

Schizophrenia test

Just an FYI that I like the psychcentral.com screening test for schizophrenia. So many screening tests don't distinguish between schizophrenia and dissociative disorders but this one clearly does (or else it is broken, very very broken). Too bad it doesn't suggest any alternative when it reports no schizophrenia but the user endorses items such as:

• I hear or see things that others do not hear or see
  • I feel it is very difficult for ...
Read more : Schizophrenia test | Views : 350 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

Sertraline - nausea how long to side effects last?

Hi
Anyone else take sertraline? are you supposed to have weird stomach nausea/lack of appetite? If so does it go away after a few weeks?
8)
Read more : Sertraline - nausea how long to side effects last? | Views : 343 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medication

Starting EMDR

Hello,

Wanted to make a quick post about EMDR. I am starting it soon with a trauma DID PTSD doctor. I am definitely skeptical and the articles I read about it make it seem too good to be true -- talks of specific PTSD trauma being resolved in a few sessions.

Any thoughts on the process or experience with it?

Thank you.
Read more : Starting EMDR | Views : 254 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

does this makes me a pedophile?

so I am a 18 yo.

when I was around 7 I engaged in some sexual experimentation with my neighbour neighbour kid.

I am a pmo addict

so last year this incident came to my mind, and I suddenly started to masturbated imagining that, it happened around a couple of times.

I literally have no idea, but the girl is still living near me, and I have a huge crush on her

so my question ...
Read more : does this makes me a pedophile? | Views : 206 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

I don't know if this is ocd, or what is wrong with me

Well I don't know how to start with this, but here we go. Well from childhood, I find when someone has a pimple in their face to be disguising, like a dark spot in their face, if I found that someone is having pimples I won't go near them, talk to them, when ever i see them, I will get thoughts of disgust. I don't know why. Also, for example, when someone says they suffered ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 2162161 • Total topics 182172 • Total members 210723