Our partner

Just got diagnosed with narcolepsy and sleep apnea

Narcolepsy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Just got diagnosed with narcolepsy and sleep apnea

Postby alexixonfire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 am

So I just got diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and narcolepsy. I am in such shock. I knew I was tired all day and that i fell asleep a lot but I just thought it was hypersomnia. It was so strange. For the Multiple Sleep Latency test I was falling asleep uncontrollably (since I couldn't have caffeine and had to stop taking my strattera). Every time I fell asleep I thought I was awake. I was like dreaming I was awake :? . Then for each nap I knew I fell asleep for the 1st nap but for the other four I thought I was awake the whole time?!? I didn't know I was sleeping. They said I fell asleep in an average of 2 minutes. (averaging all naps) Is it normal to think you are awake? They want to try cpap 1st but told me not to expect much results and that I would most likely start medication next month. (I tried the cpap last night and I was so uncomfortable I starting crying in the middle of the over night study) I feel so upset and lost and unable to cope. I just started working again after 1 year. I fell asleep in the meeting today. I am so worried they will fire me. But I just can't help it. Strangely I am usually most awake at night? Is that normal?
What can I do from here? What have people had the most success with treatment wise? Any life style or non rx medication options have people had success with?

Is it possible to have ADD and Narcolepsy? My psychiatrist thinks I have ADD (hence the strattera)

Thanks for reading! Stay well everyone!
alexixonfire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Narcolepsy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post