Our partner

Help! Do I have Narcolepsy?!

Narcolepsy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help! Do I have Narcolepsy?!

Postby misslilly04 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I am a 35 year old mother of 2 beautiful children. This last year has been particularly stressful for me. I have been to doctor after doctor and the er 4 times with the same symptoms with no diagnosis other than sinusitis. It started with daytime fatigue and then escalated to what I at first called dizziness. I am now realizing is more like that feeling you get when you accidentally nod off while someone else is driving and then you snap out of it. It lasts a better part of the day. I have always had minor sleep paralysis, but have found that I am having it almost every day now. I can see and hear everything going on around me and feel a "buzzing sensation" in my head, but I can't move or talk. It freaks me out! I fall asleep when my head hits the pillow and dream almost immediately I have found during naps. I frequently wake from dreams and see visions of things very vividly in my room for at least 15 secs after waking. Recently, I awoke from sleeping, got up to get a drink of water and begin walking to the restroom when my legs just gave out! I collapsed to my knees and was very shocked/confused as to how I got that way. Could this be narcolepsy so late in my life? I also wake in the night frequently with my heart racing. I am so upset over all of this I don't know what to do with myself. I am seeing a neurologist this week. Will they have a better chance of diagnosing me? Heeeelllllllllp..... :cry:
misslilly04
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help! Do I have Narcolepsy?!

Postby jasmin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi, misslilly! Make sure to tell the neurologist everything you told us. If the sleep paralysis is happening this often, it's probably a good idea that you're seeing someone. Don't give up until they tell you what they think is going on.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 pm

Re: Help! Do I have Narcolepsy?!

Postby theavatarhascome » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 pm

misslilly, any news? How did your appt go?
theavatarhascome
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Return to Narcolepsy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post