Our partner

Taking modafinil, sleep attacks gone but still fatigued?

Narcolepsy message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Taking modafinil, sleep attacks gone but still fatigued?

Postby Hush92 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 am

Hi, I was diagnosed with narcolepsy this year after years of wondering what the heck was wrong with me and being asleep so much I was barely functioning. I was prescribed modafinil as treatment. Now it's wonderful in that I do not get sleep attacks anymore on it. However I find I am still quite fatigued throughout the day and have trouble concentrating unless I have caffeine. I'm glad it keeps me from falling asleep but don't understand why I am still so tired on it. I get plenty of sleep every night. It just doesn't make sense. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hush92
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Taking modafinil, sleep attacks gone but still fatigued?

Postby Haugy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Modafinil itself can only do so much to help alleviate the symptoms associated with narcolepsy but it is by no means a cure. Personally I am on the highest dosage possible of Modafinil as well as I have small doses of Ritalin throughout the day and I still encounter issues. It’s just something you learn to live around but there are of course ways to help balance it all. Feel free to message me if you would like to ask anything else or want any other help :)
Haugy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcolepsy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post