Our partner

Hot, Cold

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Hot, Cold

Postby IDeerInHeadlightsI » Wed May 19, 2021 12:27 am

Someone told me this today.

I've never thought of myself as a good person but yes, the thrill of the chase is always better than when you get it.

I want someone one day who I can settle with but I always get sad when people stay around me for too long. I need my space and I have formed a habit of relationships with people who are too sociable.

I kinda like this one guy but I don't know which way he thinks about me and everyone knows him. If he were to overtly show any sort of interest I would probably run the other direction. I'm too nervous to show him any interest.

Maybe I should just accept I will rarely be on the same level as most people and being alone is best. I'm happier any way and it's hard to balance my social dynamic. I can't be completely hermit like - I like to go out- but I don't have the will to hold friendships.

Just rambling to the wind anyway.
IDeerInHeadlightsI
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hot, Cold

Postby Snaga » Wed May 19, 2021 1:44 am

IDeerInHeadlightsI wrote:I've never thought of myself as a good person but yes, the thrill of the chase is always better than when you get it.

Now that you mention it... it seems that way. Or maybe I just ideate then devaluate- I think I have some BPD tendencies. Meh. Yes I know this is NPD but that sentence resonated with me.

https://youtu.be/QcxWxNO8idc

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post