Our partner

All I want is attention

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

All I want is attention

Postby BorderlineNarc » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:10 pm

I thought I’d come on here and express my feelings as I don’t know where else would be appropriate.
Lately I’ve been really thinking about what I want, and I feel nothing would satisfy me.

I just feel completely and utterly insatiable.
I just want attention. All the attention. But I feel even that wouldn’t be good enough.

I feel deprived of attention and love and adoration and I feel angry about it. But I don’t just want attention for just anything. I want to be seen as beautiful, superiorly talented, intelligent and unique. Ha.
And all the above frustrates me. I have to achieve it else I’ll never be satisfied.

Perhaps it’s depression. I’m just angry. I feel I was supposed to be something in this world and I’m not there and now I feel as though even getting there would be pointless and wouldn’t satisfy me.

Life just seems utterly meaningless and pointless and I’m angry about it.

I find myself genuinely not caring about any issues in the world. I’m just angry that other people are getting attention and I’m not.

I feel empty.

I just want to feel alive and feel special. I want to fulfil my potential. And I’m angry that I haven’t.

I think I’m going to have to make a plan to satisfy this need. Without satisfying my need to be seen as special life seems completely meaningless.

And I also realise that I must be an incredibly empty person to feel this way. Is that all there is to me?
BorderlineNarc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: All I want is attention

Postby Grayskull » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:43 am

I get it but no amout of attention or anything else will ever help, The only way forward is self acceptance.
Grayskull
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 pm

Postby BorderlineNarc » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:11 pm

Grayskull wrote:I get it but no amout of attention or anything else will ever help, The only way forward is self acceptance.

Well, I used to think so too but I’ve changed my mind. I know exactly what you mean, as I said, I feel that even if I got all the attention and adoration I desire I still wouldn’t feel fulfilled.
But there’s also nothing else I desire.
So I’ve decided I’m just going to pursue it in whatever way I can. I mean, it’s narcissism but I’ve not been diagnosed with npd.
But I also feel uncomfortable with it a little I guess as I really don’t care about anything anymore.
All I care about is getting the recognition I feel I deserve. I used to care about things but I’m so sick of watching human beings behave with such stupidity I just feel I don’t care about humanity anymore. All I care about is me. And I hear myself saying it and I think that I must be such a bad person for feeling that way. There’s another side of me that is highly empathic.but lately I’m thinking well maybe I was never the empath I thought I was because I really don’t feel empathy for anyone at all.
People are irritating me. All the conversations that are happening about the safety of women for example. I find myself being angry at them and thinking they should shut the hell up and stop being whining little b*tches (I am female).
Yet I am someone who has been badly abused by men.
I don’t know. Maybe this isn’t even narcissism maybe it’s some kind of trauma response. But basically I feel like I must be a completely selfish asshole but I’ve reached the point where I no longer care about being one because screw human beings anyway.
What a ridiculous species we are.
BorderlineNarc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby MindfulThoughts » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:51 am

"You deserve to love and to be loved loyally in return. Anything other than that is simply unacceptable. No more excuses. Always keep in mind: the right people will multiply who YOU are. Stop hanging around anyone who brings out your ugliness. You are better than that and you deserve more."
Quote of Melissa Molomo
MindfulThoughts
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post