Our partner

Why oh why? On topic thread. Npd relevant.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Why oh why? On topic thread. Npd relevant.

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 am

^for the spethial kidz dat lyke eberyting spelled out:
cough CORONA cough cough
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 am
Blog: View Blog (15)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:43 am

I have to say, it's so hard for me not to start bouncing around too.

In an attempt to exercise self-restraint, I'm just going to mention we've already gone back and forth between a number of those group development stages right here within this thread in less than 24 hours.

Also, because the SPD forum having a lot of threads locked has come up a couple times, I'm going to point out that, out of the actively moderated subforums (aka this one doesn't have that), they're relatively tolerant - and how do you know they weren't given updated instructions by the rest of the website

As endearing and delightful as people with a high level of cluster-b traits are, we often stress the $#%^ out of people - which most us who were active over there lately have a high level of those.
I know I can be very stressful, and as mentioned I'm connected to most of the ones that were locked

Moreover, as has been pointed out in the past, mods here also have their own things they're working on.

The only reason it was first brought up (within this thread) about the SPD subforum getting locked unfairly was to increase closeness (via triangulation) to the person who originally commented about it in the Schizotypal thread.

If you want his attention just ask for it because what's of most relevance to people who want more leniency is that this is the type of triangulating and complaining that contributed to the old place closing down.
If one person has issue with it, let them have it - there's no need to pile up on something so insignificant.

I beginning not to care - but for those who do ^ that is a very simple thing that could be cut out - and again, it doesn't matter who it comes from (for example, NPD members who feel this place is getting mucked up), it's still lumped in as aspd forum behavior which in essence backfires and keeps the NPD forum impure
Last edited by DaturaInnoxia on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Akuma » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:45 am

If you really want a forum with more control over whats allowed, I dont get why you havent long ago opened your own.
Webservers are cheap, you can get really good stuff for 20 a month already, frameworks are easy to install nowadays, advertisement is also not too costly if you even need it.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby voidance » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:12 am

Because this has already established a community. People have posted here for a long while and its great to be able to reference old posts. It is easy for old members to rejoin and runs less risk of turning into SC.

People are used to this platform.

It also is not exclusively AsPD or just PDs. Its established already.
voidance
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Greebo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 am

Lack of ability and the fact that none of you trust any of the others is more likely.

I suspect you’re also screwed by the fact that some of the lynch pin personalities, jomp for example, don’t care enough about most of you to go with you.
Greebo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Postby voidance » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:18 am

And, as a reply to Poxalis, you cannot compare the incel groups on r/incel to a psychology forum partnered with mental health matters which is meant to be a place to discuss mental health issues.

That's like reddit saying those creepy baby monkey people get to stay but incels don't.

Or to put it into easier terms, only sad bunny gets to stay, mad bunny gets to stay, robot bunny gets to stay, flippy bunny gets to stay but malevolent bunny who is only acting in his own bunny ways as outlined by the DSM is not.
voidance
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:13 am

I'd like to draw your attention to the pink notice at the top of the AsPD forum that states
We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down.

The NPD forum IS NOT the alternate forum for AsPD related discussion or banter. The AsPD forum is currently closed and there is no short term plan to reopen it.

Any threads here which turn into AsPD banter WILL BE LOCKED. I strongly suggest that you take it elsewhere on the internet, and go find another place to "spread your wisdom" because it is not welcome in forums here. People come here genuinely seeking support and it is downright offensive to them to treat other forums as your personal chatroom. AsPD chat and banter does not belong in any other forum here. Take it elsewhere.

Making posts of an AsPD nature here in NPD or anywhere else on Psychforums will result in a permanent ban from Psychforums.

The Mod Team
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 am

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post