Our partner

Non-criminal psychopath?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Non-criminal psychopath?

Postby HSS » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Probably, a "pure motive" is extremely rare for everyone.

Personally, I don't like to admit it, but some material or immaterial aim is almost always driving my actions, subconsciously. I need a conscious effort to realize it, and to stem that. I often fail.
There are some exceptional moments where there isn't a personal goal for my behaviour, but they have a different quality. I don't even notice them at the time, it's not "me".

Btw... you are always with religious people!!!
“Humor is reason gone mad."

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
HSS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:35 pm

HSS wrote:

They're like a virus.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:12 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:
HSS wrote:

They're like a virus.

I watch you determined to find fault; what is it about what others believe and do that disturbs you so much?
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:25 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
I watch you determined to find fault; what is it about what others believe and do that disturbs you so much?

It's nonsensical. I've had people telling me that I'm generally "wrong" in my attitude, and yet when you look to find what's "right", it's based on fairy stories.

People choosing to believe nonsense over reality is responsible for most of the issues present in today's society. Religion, politics, social values etc.

This whole site is filed with people being told that they're wrong for being who they are. In most cases, as discussed in depth here recently, a lot of psychological disorders are caused by people not fitting in to a society built on centuries of superstitious bollocks and ignorance.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:59 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:
DaturaInnoxia wrote:

It's nonsensical. I've had people telling me that I'm generally "wrong" in my attitude, and yet when you look to find what's "right", it's based on fairy stories.

I don't know what others find "wrong with your attitude" so I can't speak to that.
The only thing I find "wrong" in what you do is when you're ongoingly rude.

Beyond that, as you said, your search for truth and figuring out how things work is you looking to find what's "right"

justonemoreperson wrote:People choosing to believe nonsense over reality is responsible for most of the issues present in today's society. Religion, politics, social values etc.

People misinterpreting belief systems enough to be fanatical and people being incongruent with spiritual principles associated with religions (and the way they impact politics and social values) is a huge part of what's responsible for most issues in today's society.
That's not the same as having or adhering to spiritual or religious beliefs.

justonemoreperson wrote:This whole site is filed with people being told that they're wrong for being who they are. In most cases, as discussed in depth here recently, a lot of psychological disorders are caused by people not fitting in to a society built on centuries of superstitious bollocks and ignorance.

Yet, you "fit in" that society "built on centuries of superstitous bullocks" and I may not.

As you've already said, people are reward driven, so if people don't find reward in their attempts, they'll find alternatives that do.

The value in this website is definitely not "in people being told that they're wrong for being who they are" or in rudeness.

The value would be in things like the exploration of ideas, the abstract degree of fellowship that comes with it, etc. - same if inspiration follows as a result
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:03 pm

How have I been rude?

Also, you didn't answer my question: do you really believe the spiritual stuff you enjoy?
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:How have I been rude?

For example, you will have a conversation on how ridiculous you think my (and all) spiritual beliefs are and then say in your next post a few threads over something like:

justonemoreperson wrote:
HSS wrote:
...religious people!!!

They're like a virus.

Today hasn't been as bad.

If you're still not clear then when I'm inclined, I'll go through the threads and go over it.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:02 pm

It's my opinion, nothing personal, unless you choose to make it so. I wasn't even aware you were spiritual until the last few posts.

If you want to focus on perceived rudeness, go nuts. If you want to ignore my phraseology and discuss the issue, that would be better.

If you can't deal with my manner of conversation, there's a foe button.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:51 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:If you can't deal with my manner of conversation, there's a foe button.

No "foe button"

As I just said a couple days ago in the "online harassment" thread in the "stalking and harassment" subforum, the "foe button" is for stalkers and people bullying and harassing you.

Since you're doing none of these and it's all in my head, I'm sure that if I seek to understand everytime I perceive you being personal in what you say, it'll clear itself up.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zab32452 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Manners73 wrote:I've heard it said that a non-criminal psychopath is what some people call a narcissist.

What are your thoughts on this?

First, I don't think a psychopath is criminal per definition seeing as psychopathy is dimensional and there are many psychopaths who are high functioning and avoid criminal behavior when it's in their best interest to do so, or at least appear to stay within legal boundaries.

Other than that, the theoretical perspective of Kernberg may be interesting in this regard. Several things were already mentioned here: borderline personality organization (BPO) as a common basis for most cluster B personalities (and the cluster A paranoid personality); NPD as a position on a spectrum running from "high level personality organization" up to ASPD and psychopathy proper, and superego (or superego precursors) functioning. There is an interesting book called The Psychopathic Mind by Reid Meloy about psychopathy. It basically represents Kernberg's orientation with some minor differences. Meloy has interesting ideas about how psychopathic personality functioning/dynamics works
zab32452
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post