Our partner

Therapy? No thanks.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Therapy? No thanks.

Postby number230000 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:37 pm

I know this is a support forum so I'm not surprised by how many people here say they go to therapy, but who else would only go to therapy if forced by the court and even then it would amount to nothing?
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
number230000
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Therapy? No thanks.

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 am

Court ordered therapy is very different to elective therapy. I went through it and it's basically a labelling exercise.

Elective therapy could have it's value, not to "fix" a deeply ingrained PD, but to help deal with a particular issue. Some could find it useful to develop a process to deal with aggression or being more productive in certain areas.

Personally, I'm not interested. Mostly because I've never spoken to a medical professional with a common point of reference to me, and so it's largely irrelevant.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AProphet » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:19 am

"therapy" they ######6 dont belive I could ever diagnose myself with narcissisitc personality, ran no tests, signed me to groups where we play board games and socialize, and just think I made up the whole story about the twin flame and becoming a buddha. While I myself using meditation, analitical psychology and psychodelics have come close to curing narcissistic personality disorder. My advice is DONT EVEN GO TO THE PSYCH. This forum is more effective treatment.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SelfSerf » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:50 pm

AProphet wrote:"therapy" they ######6 dont belive I could ever diagnose myself with narcissisitc personality, ran no tests, signed me to groups where we play board games and socialize, and just think I made up the whole story about the twin flame and becoming a buddha. While I myself using meditation, analitical psychology and psychodelics have come close to curing narcissistic personality disorder. My advice is DONT EVEN GO TO THE PSYCH. This forum is more effective treatment.

To determine NPD, any therapist shoud just start off with the question.

Ask yourself - is this you or just your grandiosity speaking?

Punchline: They´re inseparable.

ha.
ha
h
“Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?”
Camus
SelfSerf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:41 am

Postby CuberiorThanThou » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am

Oh look, a "we need no therapy 'cos we're perfect" -thread? Maybe I can pitch in!

I've been in therapy for 11 months, and just now ended it. My reason for entering in the first place was kind of shady. I wished to get certain benefits by doing it, which I managed to get. After that it was just a matter of time before I was going to terminate.

The termination wasn't completely easy, because at some points I felt like it was somewhat useful. However, the therapist wasn't perfect, and I hated the rigid time of 45 minutes per session. Obviously more time would be needed. The net worth of the therapy seemed negative to me, so there it was. Oh boi, I would definitely love it if my energy healer dude would give me therapy. I know it's an impossible scenario, but one can dream on...
CuberiorThanThou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:41 am

Postby AProphet » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:20 pm

SelfSerf wrote:
To determine NPD, any therapist shoud just start off with the question.

Ask yourself - is this you or just your grandiosity speaking?

Punchline: They´re inseparable.

ha.
ha
h

hahahahh!

No, the psychiatrist realy sucks. All they ever did is told me to stop psychodelics. And I did more or less. But Im also channelling source now, so whatever.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post