Our partner

The BPD forum is going downhill so here I am...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: The BPD forum is going downhill so here I am...

Postby poxalis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:24 am

miserable on here, yeah. look i've been on these forums for eleven years just about. as far as i know i'm the oldest regular user here. i went to AsPD because I could talk freely and any issues with other users could be handled between themselves instead of someone stepping into to collar everyone like we're in 1984. my only fault is how i choose to communicate. it's sometimes confusing, unclear, and abrasive. i'm a nice person though. but AsPD forum was closed one hour and I got my butt slapped with scarlet shame. so here i am, all perfect little lines and spaces. talking like i'm choking on a button up shirt. all i want to do is communicate with people here when in most every other situation i don't feel like any communication is going on at all. my mouths sewed half shut and i'm mumbling whatever stupid crap i need to.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:44 pm

ViniStonemoss wrote:
This place is generating revenue. Someone has been making money off of our thoughts, insights, knowledge and painful self-disclosure for years. Yet we are being treated like children and assigned management who sometimes don't know their ass from their mouth.

It's a free site. Everyone knew the score when they signed up and if they make a decision to lower revenue to limit "awkward" posters, then that's affecting them alone.

If they choose to close the whole site tomorrow, no one would have any control over that or any recourse.

If you don't like being treated like a child, go somewhere else. I don't think I get treated like a child; I'd be interested to know how you feel you've been treated like this.

I doubt revenue was the driving force of the site's creation, otherwise they would promote traffic at the expense of everything else, which seems to be the opposite of what they're doing. They also would detect and ban ad-blockers.

There are a few who seem to think they have some divine right to be here, but the basic fact is that we're all benefiting from a free service.

I'm not defending them for the way they run it; if I was running it, it would be significantly different. However, it is the way it is, whether we like it or not.

Everything's a choice.

-- 24 Jan 2020, 17:47 --

poxalis wrote:miserable on here, yeah. look i've been on these forums for eleven years just about. as far as i know i'm the oldest regular user here. i went to AsPD because I could talk freely and any issues with other users could be handled between themselves instead of someone stepping into to collar everyone like we're in 1984. my only fault is how i choose to communicate. it's sometimes confusing, unclear, and abrasive. i'm a nice person though. but AsPD forum was closed one hour and I got my butt slapped with scarlet shame. so here i am, all perfect little lines and spaces. talking like i'm choking on a button up shirt. all i want to do is communicate with people here when in most every other situation i don't feel like any communication is going on at all. my mouths sewed half shut and i'm mumbling whatever stupid crap i need to.

I also feel stifled to a degree. It's certainly become less recently, but it is what it is.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:04 am

poxalis wrote:miserable on here, yeah. look i've been on these forums for eleven years just about. as far as i know i'm the oldest regular user here. i went to AsPD because I could talk freely and any issues with other users could be handled between themselves instead of someone stepping into to collar everyone like we're in 1984. my only fault is how i choose to communicate. it's sometimes confusing, unclear, and abrasive. i'm a nice person though. but AsPD forum was closed one hour and I got my butt slapped with scarlet shame. so here i am, all perfect little lines and spaces. talking like i'm choking on a button up shirt. all i want to do is communicate with people here when in most every other situation i don't feel like any communication is going on at all. my mouths sewed half shut and i'm mumbling whatever stupid crap i need to.

You really can be abrasive, but it's on the verge of becoming endearing.

Your butt slapped with scarlet shame, if I was a dude, that might be hot.

A lot of this site is beginning to lose its payoff for me - aside from the very occassional opportunity to have some interesting discussions.
At this point, I'm uncertain if its value will be restored for me even if things were returned to normal.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Postby poxalis » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 pm

i'm always verging. i'm also one long freudian slip of the tongue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:32 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 am

:roll: :P :shock: :P

The Struggle Is Real
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HSS » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:24 am

justonemoreperson wrote:once it's gone it's gone; it won't be coming back.

With some doubts, I am relatively under the impression that you were seriously trying to understand yourself on the closed forum; then, even if you don't care, and have a very cold, rational and almost indifferent reaction... solidarity.
HSS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AProphet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm

I found the title of the topic interesting in light of the recent news that AsPD forum was closed indefinetely. At least we're allowed to discuss the state of other forums. I wanted to show some solidarity, as HSS said.

PS pls no ban admin-san. Solidarity saved us from communism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarit ... rade_union)
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:07 am

HSS wrote:... solidarity.

AProphet wrote:Solidarity saved us

Solidarity = Shhhhh

DaturaInnoxia wrote:Image

Poor Freud, he has a lot of work ahead of him.

~ There's something just not right with me...
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AProphet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:11 am

DaturaInonoxia: You win the memewar, cos it wont let me post images bigger than 480x480.
...from communism!
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby easiersaidthandone » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 am

I don't know why I like watching things fall apart and people running like chickens without a head. Destruction is more enjoyable than creation to me.

Something for me to think about.
I don't fake it. I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views