Our partner

The BPD forum is going downhill so here I am...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: The BPD forum is going downhill so here I am...

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 am

AProphet wrote:Accused of? Are you on trial for mental illness?

Rather than a trial, it was more a sort of informal assessment or brief interactional polygraph type situation.

Quite informal - a blind study so to speak.

It addressed the undeniable "shifts" in my personality
Especially from subforum to subforum and over the span of time from what I remember (and correlated it to BPD amongst other things).

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:Elaborate?

Dishearteningly and though not said directly to me, I noticed a different individual, someone who's everything I'd like to be in a woman, clarify that I have no rhyme or reason to what I say.
As a result, I'm quite certain I cannot elaborate.
Anyhoo, I'd dismiss anything I say if I were you; I just spew nonsense
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:39 am

AProphet wrote:
DaturaInnoxia wrote:I believe you're illustrating the "borderline shift" that I was accused of a while back.
Didn't know what it looked like - learn something new everyday!

Accused of? Are you on trial for mental illness?

-- Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:49 am --

number230000 wrote:I'm not saying the mods are right, but all you BPD need to control yourselves. Breaking the rules impulsively is self-destructive. Better to learn it safely on a forum than dangerously in the real world. Then again, BPD love to self-harm, so I guess they don't really want to change.

Dont confuse the average user of the forum with forum rules. They are not representative in this case.

Yeah... I never even specified whether I did something specifically to cause the forums to close... although I do think I had a big part in it :lol:

-- Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:43 am --

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
AProphet wrote:Accused of? Are you on trial for mental illness?

Rather than a trial, it was more a sort of informal assessment or brief interactional polygraph type situation.

Quite informal - a blind study so to speak.

It addressed the undeniable "shifts" in my personality
Especially from subforum to subforum and over the span of time from what I remember (and correlated it to BPD amongst other things).

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:Elaborate?

Dishearteningly and though not said directly to me, I noticed a different individual, someone who's everything I'd like to be in a woman, clarify that I have no rhyme or reason to what I say.
As a result, I'm quite certain I cannot elaborate.
Anyhoo, I'd dismiss anything I say if I were you; I just spew nonsense

I am not a woman if that is what you were implying in this response. Lol.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 am

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 am

As irritating as it is, it's not the fault of the site.

This is a trend. It started with the AsPD forum and will sweep through the site, forum by forum, until potential problems are removed.

You can't fart in front of someone these days without being accused of assault and this site is full of people with multiple issues, many (most?) of who are vulnerable. If this site ever led (or maybe already has led) to people hurting themselves because of comments or coercion, then the site would have to answer questions about duty of care.

It's a trend that I foresee continuing and, like smoking on aircraft, once it's gone it's gone; it won't be coming back.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 am

justonemoreperson wrote:...sweep through the site, forum by forum, until potential problems are removed.

You can't fart in front of someone these days without being accused of assault...

Not taking things like "duty of care" into account for a moment, and looking at the trend of this going on everywhere (not just this website), don't you think it will eventually blow up?

Isn't it safer to give people a designated corner where they can safely defuse and work through parts of themselves that aren't socially acceptable or potentially harmful in real life?

And as things in society become more rigid with the demand for politically correctness, doesn't it actually hold risk for the exact opposite to happen?
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:
Isn't it safer to give people a designated corner where they can safely defuse and work through parts of themselves that aren't socially acceptable or potentially harmful in real life?

And as things in society become more rigid with the demand for politically correctness, doesn't it actually hold risk for the exact opposite to happen?

Safer for who? The safest option is to close the site. Fair play to the owner, as they're taking a risk, albeit managed. They don't owe the members here anything.

Traffic makes money but people don't keep coming back if they just want help at a particular time. So, returning members who keep the traffic up are those who want to involve themselves with conversation that sparks arguments and clique mentality, which leads to judgement and exclusions which could be interpreted as bullying.

If they were to hive off an area for people to "express" themselves, which they did with the AsPD forum, then it's only a matter of time for someone to pop in there, not realising the nature of the forum, and find themselves being criticised, victimised or abused.

Bearing in mind that the moderators of the site are equally "vulnerable" and subject to their own mental issues. It's a powder keg, waiting for a spark.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:28 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:Safer for who? The safest option is to close the site. Fair play to the owner, as they're taking a risk, albeit managed. They don't owe the members here anything.

DaturaInnoxia wrote:Not taking things like "duty of care" into account for a moment, and looking at the trend of this going on everywhere (not just this website)...

Safer for everyone.

Again, I imagine there will be more blow ups, rather than less, the more controlling things get; I was actually trying to set aside the situation here (albeit because I have to) and looking for perspectives at a larger scale.

As for here, it must have really escalated then after being open for 10 years.

justonemoreperson wrote:...returning members who keep the traffic up are those who want to involve themselves with conversation that sparks arguments and clique mentality, which leads to judgement and exclusions...

I could have never predicted this to be your perspective on the situation.

I'd want to look a lot of what you said, but I've been putting effort into refraining from directly addressing this, as has been demanded (to the best of my abilities, of course).

I have to admit, I tend not to realize here, or in any forum/group, that "moderators of the site are equally 'vulnerable' and subject to their own mental issues."
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ViniStonemoss » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:10 pm

justonemoreperson wrote: As irritating as it is, it's not the fault of the site.

You're either naïve or blind.

They don't owe the members here anything.

Are you kidding?

This place is generating revenue. Someone has been making money off of our thoughts, insights, knowledge and painful self-disclosure for years. Yet we are being treated like children and assigned management who sometimes don't know their ass from their mouth.

It's members who make the traffic, if there's traffic there's revenue. Yet when people ask questions, they’re being blown off.

Bearing in mind that the moderators of the site are equally "vulnerable" and subject to their own mental issues. It's a powder keg, waiting for a spark.

You know, jomp, a bit of common sense can never hurt.

If the management is going to hoard power and not take advice from anybody, perhaps they at least ought to choose moderators who actually recovered (or are currently healing) from something? In the past, this forum alone has seen a slew of offensive moderators who patronized members without dealing with or acknowledging their own narcissistic struggles.
Of course, people aren't coming back, not only they're receiving poor advice but on top of that they're being insulted.

Of course, this site could be both profitable, ethical and relaxed, it's just never been a priority, not even a concern.
ViniStonemoss
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby poxalis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:38 pm

i'm curious what datura's ideal woman is. sounds interesting!

the mods should just close the entire personality disorder section and put us out of our misery. i can feel their desire to do it. like a noxious sulfur shart.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby number230000 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:47 pm

poxalis wrote:i'm curious what datura's ideal woman is. sounds interesting!

Me too.
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
number230000
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:14 am

number230000 wrote:
poxalis wrote:i'm curious what datura's ideal woman is. sounds interesting!

Me too.

Poxalis, you were already told I'm female, so I'm assuming you're asking me what I'm referring to when I said "everything I would want to be in a woman" rather than what I want in a woman.

I don't have an ideal woman I'd like to be like although there are many, many, many different traits that are admirable and some of those I'd love to have.

If we're using the term right now, being "clicky," ongoingly insulting bitches for no reason with no other signs of personality or depth to them, are sure as hell not respectable or admirable traits in anyone.
And yes, I can see I'm opening myself up for attack or devil's advocacy (the latter being quite pervasive across the general board for quite a while now).

I had started to classify you as part of this type in the past, but you tend to (pleasantly - most of the time) surprise and confuse me, you have personality and intelligence/depth and are only occassionally bitchy.

poxalis wrote:the mods should just close the entire personality disorder section and put us out of our misery. i can feel their desire to do it. like a noxious sulfur shart.

Do you think everyone is more miserable than normal right now?
I can't deny, I've been.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post