Our partner

Let's play a game

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Let's play a game

Postby PsychoEnthusiast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Hey everyone, I signed up for this forum because I've been a pretty enthusiastic student of human psychology for most of my life, especially regarding myself. There are many disorders that semi-apply to me: depressive, anxious, OCD, narcissistic, autistic, paranoid, sociopath....

and i was wondering if you all would like to help me diagnose the main character in the popular series "You", it's also based on a novel if you want to do some research...

the character has these traits:

-he's very manipulative

-he kills people

-he gets easily obsessed and possessive with beautiful women

-he's very good at stalking and researching

-he has a high amount of empathy and an ability to blend in, the "nice guy"

So yeah i'm aware this character is not a real person, but if he were a real person, how would you diagnose him? I would guess some combination of narcissist (he always thinks he's saving the girls he's stalking from worse people) and sociopath for obvious reasons, but to be honest i have my beefs with the DSM. Psychologists say the disorders are only supposed to be tools, but if the said disorders are not actually disorders and are just a diverse set of personality characteristics, then how can they even be tools? The problem is compounded by the fact that psychiatric medicine can only questionably treat people's ailments and suffering.

Thanks, and glad to be here :D
PsychoEnthusiast
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Let's play a game

Postby AProphet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm

is that a troll post? What you wrote cant be serious right?
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:29 am

play

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Very Serious.

Melissophiles catch bees in jars and then shake the jars vigorously to cause the insects to become drowsy and disoriented. The concussed bees are then removed from the jar and placed on the genitals. This typically results in the bee stinging the person. The beesting causes the genitals to swell and become extremely sensitive, increasing the intensity of the ensuing orgasm.

PsychoEnthusiast wrote:the character has these traits:

-he's very manipulative

Manipulates via shaking "the jars vigorously"

-he kills [...]

They die after stinging thus "he kills"

-he gets easily obsessed and possessive with beautiful women

Bees symbolize the feminine and he "catches bees in jars"

-he's very good at stalking and researching

Obviously, if he's worked out this kink

-he has a high amount of empathy and an ability to blend in, the "nice guy"

"extremely sensitive"

Answer
Melissophile
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post