Our partner

Applying for disability

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Applying for disability

Postby Newguygay » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Copied from schizoid forum
Did anyone get disability or tried for this disorder?
How do you explain about yourself if you dont know what's wrong with you because for you its normal, if i talk to strangers im reluctant and use very few words just to get point across, i dont explain and dont care what they think, but with disability im expected to care about what they think of me, and i dont, i just want the money, so it makes me their prisoner, and im detached from emotions when im a prisoner, and unable to explaib emotions at all my mind is blank.

What did you do, im thinking of bringing along an old friend that used to defend me in the past because i cant defend myself, my last resort is contacting my mom, she was there for my diagnosis and i hate her but she used to be sort of translator with adults since i dont speak to them directly

Now i'll add that i usually either think i deserve everything or nobody in the world deserves anything including me, in case 1 i dont explain, so if they wonder why i deserve money i'll say that i suffer, and wont answer further questions becuz i dont care i'll wait for him to shut up, in case 2 i either agree with whatever they throw at me, or either get furious, i dont have a calm conversation because there is no reason to hear the other side, people will not talk to me in case 2, i yell, and they quickly say that we cant go further untill i calm down and threaten to call the police, at the end i dont get what i want, and they force me to go to case 1 because i dont want to go to jail again

Is there a way around this? Your expirience?
Newguygay
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Applying for disability

Postby AProphet » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:52 am

Im getting welfare on doctors note for being unfit of work becouse of my mental issues. But this is not permanent disability status, just as long as im attending psychiatric treatment.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Postby Akuma » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 am

Newguygay wrote:Copied from schizoid forum
How do you explain about yourself if you dont know what's wrong with you because for you its normal, if i talk to strangers im reluctant and use very few words just to get point across, i dont explain and dont care what they think, but with disability im expected to care about what they think of me, and i dont, i just want the money, so it makes me their prisoner, and im detached from emotions when im a prisoner, and unable to explaib emotions at all my mind is blank.

What did you do, im thinking of bringing along an old friend that used to defend me in the past because i cant defend myself, my last resort is contacting my mom, she was there for my diagnosis and i hate her but she used to be sort of translator with adults since i dont speak to them directly

If your disorder qualifies for disablity is not something you or friends and family decides, but you would bring this up with your psychiatrist and / or psychotherapist.

As to your inability to communicate... judging by this post at least you seem to be able to communicate well if you want to, so I guess it's something that you could and should learn. Before I started therapy I was rather unwilling to communicate, too. I also expected people to know what was going on without explaining myself etc. Thats just something you have to work on - if you use others for that its first of all going to make you look less like a person with mental illness but with mental handicap / retardation, plus if it is something to learn, you're barring yourself from progress.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Newguygay » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Akuma wrote:
Newguygay wrote:Copied from schizoid forum

If your disorder qualifies for disablity is not something you or friends and family decides, but you would bring this up with your psychiatrist and / or psychotherapist.

As to your inability to communicate... judging by this post at least you seem to be able to communicate well if you want to, so I guess it's something that you could and should learn. Before I started therapy I was rather unwilling to communicate, too. I also expected people to know what was going on without explaining myself etc. Thats just something you have to work on - if you use others for that its first of all going to make you look less like a person with mental illness but with mental handicap / retardation, plus if it is something to learn, you're barring yourself from progress.

i communicate good here because i dont care about your opinions i wanted concrete expirience or ideas, if someone is infront of me asking me something as if i have to answer i dont answer
i am not unwilling to communicate, i dont see a reason to, if someone thinks they have power over me they are wrong, i either use violence or i just dont answer at all and they dont have power over me
this is not a decision, this is just how it is, you are making something out of what i said you dont get it at all, it happens by itself, i dont purposly dont talk, i dont have words to say, my mind is either blank or i'm in rage waiting to burst
Newguygay
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Akuma » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:33 am

i communicate good here because i dont care about your opinions i wanted concrete expirience or ideas, if someone is infront of me asking me something as if i have to answer i dont answer
i am not unwilling to communicate, i dont see a reason to, if someone thinks they have power over me they are wrong, i either use violence or i just dont answer at all and they dont have power over me
this is not a decision, this is just how it is, you are making something out of what i said you dont get it at all, it happens by itself, i dont purposly dont talk, i dont have words to say, my mind is either blank or i'm in rage waiting to burst

You are contradicting yourslf and I dont have time for this.
As I already indicated you need your therapist or psychiatrist to help with a disability note.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AProphet » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 am

Akuma wrote:
You are contradicting yourslf and I dont have time for this.
As I already indicated you need your therapist or psychiatrist to help with a disability note.

First time I agree with Akuma. The post is unintelligeble.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum