Our partner

Struggling

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Struggling

Postby xdude » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 pm

For whatever it's worth, I am overall okay with being at a state of war with myself. Sure, it could be argued that is counter productive, but then I look at people who seemingly have no such conflicts (or hide them well), and I don't see them as being any better off. Maybe I am missing something?

Knowing thyself (flourish word) and exploring my inner conflicts has its appeal too.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:27 am

If I could, I'd lock away all the people in the world that I like and control access to their every need. That way they'd do and be everything I want them to be. Then I'd never have to worry about introspection, understanding or accepting anything again because everyone would be giving me exactly what I want. It would be for their own good anyways.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am

Just everybody that you like? What if they cant give you what you need
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 am

solemnlysworn wrote:Just everybody that you like? What if they cant give you what you need

I'm surprised you took me seriously.

The most I'd do is want them on a farm or giant castle for them to be free to do as they please.

It would be like having cats that come by for a hello once in a while but do their own thing.
Though personally, I'm not major cat lover.
Not that I dislike them or any animal other than humanity

-- Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 pm --

It sucks when people can't give you what you need.

That's an important part of acceptance.

Acceptance at any rate is, unfortunately, 100xs more difficult than understanding for a lot of people.

Being in a 12 step program for years, I can't tell you how many times I'd asked for a "formula" or specific step by step instructions for acceptance.

I gave up. All I really know is it happens on it's own and the most I can do is focus elsewhere until it does.
They collect information to stock pile in their souls, saying, "I will tuck this into my subconscious for later use." ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:01 am

I like hypotheticals

-- Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am --

Isolating somebody so that they are totally dependent on you for their needs is probably more common than you might think
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 am

solemnlysworn wrote:I like hypotheticals

-- Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am --

Isolating somebody so that they are totally dependent on you for their needs is probably more common than you might think

I'm aware that anywhere there's a power imbalance it's done - online or in real life - and within some people's relationships, although - you're right - I'm sure it is much more common than I think.

I thought it would be obvious to anyone that I'm not a fan of controlling people or behaviors, but I tend to make assumptions.

Hopefully others will give you better hypotheticals.
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:51 am

Okay I see where this is going.

If it was a yacht there would be some people trying to guide it into shore, and then there would be some who just want it to crash and burn, would never have the balls to do the former, and think they are tough for preying for a crash.

Everyone can destroy, but building takes effort.

Please don't. We aren't all idiots, and we know when people are just trying to drag down vs add something. This has been going on for millions of years, and will go on for millions more too. It's not smart, it's not new, it's just the easy way.

X
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Postby xdude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:54 am

That was the nice way of saying it, but we can be mean as AsPD types too, so don't push your luck. This forum is for NPD types. AsPD games will not be tolerated. Do I need to be clearer?
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

Postby xdude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am

And now it's time to go but I am AsPD, I am sick, ill, why are you mean to me, I have an disorder I cannot control, and why cannot I write whatever I want, everyone is mean to me, poor me, you are evil and I can do whatever I want but nobody else can but me.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

Postby xdude » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:02 am

Enough of taking advantage of other people's sense of introspection and empathy. Back on topic...
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post