Our partner

Anyone here an entrepreneur?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Anyone here an entrepreneur?

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 am

covertunsure wrote:
Just to be fully honest, I am quite stressed out posting in this thread/forum right now. I feel like I'm being attacked and criticized and told what I've been told my entire life. "Just man up", "stop being lazy", etc. etc. It hasn't helped so it seems unlikely it will help at this point either. (Also, not that you did anything wrong, but you remind me of my father right now in how he thinks and phrases things.)

Except that the people who are talking to you here are people who have had to deal with similar problems themselves.

No one has told you to man up; if the wording feels the same it's because there's truth in it and, unfortunately, you can't change the facts to fit how you feel.

The overwhelming message is:

1. You're not unique. People have dealt with similar and worse problems and managed to find a mechanism to compensate.
2. Start small and slowly build new habits. No one is expecting you to go out and become a brain surgeon; I'd imagine the first step would be to apply for a few simple jobs, two shifts a week at McDonald's would be an example.
3. You're trying to fix everything at once, where what you should be doing is making small changes to the way you're thinking, not setting yourself up to fail.

Lao Tsu said: “Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.”

Point is: you can change pretty much anything you want if you start creating a different mindset.

Roughly, how old are you?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:34 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone here an entrepreneur?

Postby xdude » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:17 am

Not sure if it helps or not, but yes to start small. As an example, when I speak with guys who say they can't meet women, start small works. Just say 'hi' to one woman once a day. Guys can all too easily start with the notion they must be players, or some as-seen-on TV guy, and so give up without even trying a small step. There is no need for a prolonged conversation either. Just 'hi'. If that is too big of a step, then make it 2 seconds more eye contact and a smile. Whatever small step is a step.

The thing about those small steps is that they become natural over time. Our actions affect our emotions just as emotions affect our actions. A small step in the direction you want to go has a way of snowballing, or at least opens up some new ways of thinking.

Maybe your small step is just to add one line to a resume once a day, or even an edit.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum