Our partner

Richard Ramirez: Psychopath/Sociopath/Malignant Narcissist?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Richard Ramirez: Psychopath/Sociopath/Malignant Narcissist?

Postby DMT8877 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:03 am

Good Evening, I was wondering which one of these criteria would Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) meet? Many would say he is a total psychopath, others say he was a sociopath. What about malignant narcissist? Could he also meet this criteria? He did appear to be very grandiose and loved the attention he's getting in court. Combine that with ASPD and sadism.

I think a new Night Stalker documentary came out recently. Perhaps we can learn more info from that soon.
DMT8877
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Richard Ramirez: Psychopath/Sociopath/Malignant Narcissist?

Postby HSS » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Difficult to answer. Serial killers' minds are so complex that someone proposed to group them in a particular personality disorder (a mix of narcissistic, sociopathic, psychopathic, borderline, obsessive-compulsive traits, and much more). It's a common prejudice that they are psychopaths only. In practice it's much more complex, and it's too much easy to confine and to expect a destructive behavior just from someone with that particular label. Everyone can become destructive, if he's blindly driven by his demons.
“Humor is reason gone mad."

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
HSS
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:18 am

Postby ZeroZ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:53 pm

He was a highly narcissistic primary psychopath in my opinion.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 am

HSS wrote:Serial killers' minds are so complex ...

That depends on what perceptive you take.

1.) From the point of view of the victim, the perspective is simple, it hurts, and is not warranted.

2.) From the point of view of the serial killer it is complex. Mysteries for those who find it fascinating.

3.) From the point of view of the serial killer who is caught it is unfair to be caught.

4.) From the point of view of the serial killer who get's punished, it is no more complex then case #1 if that even, I don't like being treated this way!!!

Serial killers don't get or won't get the parts in the middle, nobody else wants to be mis-treated either, and their feelings aren't special. So the only real complexity is why don't serial killers get that others have feelings too?
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Greebo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:43 am

Personally I’ve always found serial killers dull and the continual interest in them somewhat tedious.

I’d rather I didn’t have to pay to keep them alive and incarcerated, on the other hand capital punishment is too harsh for the majority and too lenient for the minority sentenced to it and I’d rather the state didn’t have the power to kill people. Beyond that I’ve no interest.
Greebo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:58 am

Greebo wrote:Personally I’ve always found serial killers dull and the continual interest in them somewhat tedious.

I agree. My wife watches a lot of documentaries about serial killers etc and they all seem to have a lot of emotional / mental health issues leading them to where they are. Most just seem weak.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdude » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 am

justonemoreperson wrote:I agree. My wife watches a lot of documentaries about serial killers etc and they all seem to have a lot of emotional / mental health issues leading them to where they are. Most just seem weak.

Interesting because my EX watched a lot and wouldn't go to sleep without turning on CSI episodes (had to be CSI) to sleep too. Literally, she wouldn't sleep without CSI being timed for 90 minutes. It wasn't that she needed TV to sleep, she needed it be CSI content.

It's a fascination some have, but yea, it's also okay to say most people aren't obsessed with serial killers.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 am

xdude wrote:
Interesting because my EX watched a lot and wouldn't go to sleep without turning on CSI episodes (had to be CSI) to sleep too. Literally, she wouldn't sleep without CSI being timed for 90 minutes. It wasn't that she needed TV to sleep, she needed it be CSI content.

It's a fascination some have, but yea, it's also okay to say most people aren't obsessed with serial killers.

I'm not sure if maybe it's some latent maternal variation that makes them think they can fix whatever's wrong, more likely that the behaviour latches to some instinctive need to be with an alpha male, so these programs make them feel excited by the idea to an extent.

I think my wife is kinda different. Everything you ever read or get told or see on TV tells her that I'm a terrible choice for a husband and yet she's still here, so there's something inside her that at least accepts it and is able to deal with the potential for chaos.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdude » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:12 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
I'm not sure if maybe it's some latent maternal variation that makes them think they can fix whatever's wrong, more likely that the behaviour latches to some instinctive need to be with an alpha male, so these programs make them feel excited by the idea to an extent.

I think my wife is kinda different. Everything you ever read or get told or see on TV tells her that I'm a terrible choice for a husband and yet she's still here, so there's something inside her that at least accepts it and is able to deal with the potential for chaos.

I agree. Can relate on a personal level.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xdude » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 am

For whatever it's worth, I accepted my EX couldn't sleep without murder death kill on CSI. I asked her about it, but she had no answer other then that it helped her feel calmer, so the truth. At least it was honest and worked.
We do NOT delete posts

xdude
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post