Our partner

Unashamed Narcissists

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: realityhere

Unashamed Narcissists

Postby Zoicite23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Are there any unashamed narcissists on here?

People who accept it's just the way we are. It's just the way the world made us so who cares? I don't ever see posts in this part of the site about narcissists talking about how great they are. Everyone here seems to be ashamed of the condition, but surely there's got to be worse things to experience than being self-involved and self-aggrandizing?

I've not come across any 'mean' posts here. Nobody talking about things they've done and enjoyed. It's all very moralistic and subdued.
Zoicite23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Unashamed Narcissists

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:39 pm

im relatively unashamed, compared to the average person w NPD.

someone by the name of greebo aka quoth once said i was the unprincipled sub type.

when i first joined PF in 2013 under the username "My Username", i was convinced i had NPD. after years of.. getting older and wiser, i relate more to sociopathy.

i think the unprincipled narcissist is actually quite spot on for me for this reason.

yeah man i dont come to this forum for the exact reason u outlined in the OP.

maybe ill stick around if some others similar to me come out of the wood work.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Zoicite23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Wow cool, yeah you sound interesting I'm going to PM you for sure.
Zoicite23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Zoicite23 wrote:Are there any unashamed narcissists on here?

People who accept it's just the way we are. It's just the way the world made us so who cares? I don't ever see posts in this part of the site about narcissists talking about how great they are. Everyone here seems to be ashamed of the condition, but surely there's got to be worse things to experience than being self-involved and self-aggrandizing?

I've not come across any 'mean' posts here. Nobody talking about things they've done and enjoyed. It's all very moralistic and subdued.

Well, this isn’t what NPD is. Also if pwNPD could accept themselves for they truly are they wouldn’t have NPD to begin with. I read a story by Ellenor Greenburg who’s probably treated more cases of NPD than just about anyone. She gave an example of a classic NPD his first visit he pointed out his expensive shoes, his tailor made shirt, his accomplishments at work. This was a defensive mechanism to cope with the stress and anxiety of first visit. The same client in his 3rd visit was a shell of himself, in a deep depression because he waved to someone at work and they didn’t wave back so he felt snubbed.
Last edited by ZeroZ on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Postby Zoicite23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Hm well I genuinely think I'm objectively great.

Beneath that, I'm more so embarrassed to admit that I believe I'm a godlike figure. This belief is something I calmly believe, I don't want to shout it from the rooftops, I don't need other people to see it - though I do want people to see that I'm great, I'm just sure most of them can't fathom my true greatness.

See what I mean?
Zoicite23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby ZeroZ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm

I’ll defer to Akuma and Greebo if they choose to comment but from my knowledge if you have a self regulating ego and self esteem that isn’t dependent on how others see you or treat you than it’s more likely narcissism in its non pathological form but then again, it could be a shell of armor you’ve created for yourself than you aren’t aware of. It takes a pro to tease out pathological narcissism sometimes
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Postby Zoicite23 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Yeah and thanks.
Zoicite23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby saucygirl31 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:38 pm

ZeroZ wrote:it could be a shell of armor you’ve created for yourself than you aren’t aware of. It takes a pro to tease out pathological narcissism sometimes

this is something i struggle w.

i had a relatively trauma-less upbringing, but my dad is probably a classic narcissist, not sure if in the clinical sense or not.

did i build a shell? i think so. its just really hard to fathom, which is why i post in the aspd forum mostly because on a conscious level i dont see the shell. and speaking of conscious, my therapist is "unsure" if i have a conscience. not sure if that can apply to ppl w NPD or not, and if it could, what it would look like.
ur grill saucy.
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KingPinX » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:30 am

Unashamed ... hmmm.

Well I am aware of my negative impulses sometimes and I often try to supress them. So if I would be unashamed I wouldnt need to do so. Would I? Idk. Of course the "fear" of negative consequences is an important factor as well.

But I in general do not feel ashamed for being qho I am at all.
KingPinX
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post