Our partner

I'm ugly and can't live without the mask

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: realityhere

I'm ugly and can't live without the mask

Postby NoNameHere1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:10 pm

I know it deep down.
I can't not wear the mask.

I expose myself. I don't even know why. I guess I just want to push everybody away from me.

The rage I experience is immense. It feels like I want to destroy someone else. Rejection at this point while being this mentally sick, is debilitating most people get over it and move on. But I linger because I have nothing else to focus on. It's torture.
NoNameHere1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm ugly and can't live without the mask

Postby Zoicite23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:10 pm

I'm sorry you're not coping so well at this point in time.

Hmmm as someone who isn't suffering from what you are, I hope I don't come across as condescending as I come up with ideas that may be wrong or things you've already considered. Just trying to help :o

I like to be self-serving and value intelligence over all else when it comes to managing things.

Perhaps you should make a list of all things that give you narcissistic supply and then consider which options are feasible? When it comes to self-esteem I'd say do more things that you are talented at or activities that will give you a sense of accomplishment. But if you can't/don't want to work on your true self and instead focus on your false self, I suppose you could try to think of ways that safely benefit that image, so long as doing so isn't going to turn detrimental to you (i.e. the need is constant and insatiable, like fueling a growing fire). Good luck with whatever you decide to do to cope with this time!
Zoicite23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AProphet » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:24 pm

NoNameHere1 wrote:I know it deep down.
I can't not wear the mask.

I expose myself. I don't even know why. I guess I just want to push everybody away from me.

The rage I experience is immense. It feels like I want to destroy someone else. Rejection at this point while being this mentally sick, is debilitating most people get over it and move on. But I linger because I have nothing else to focus on. It's torture.

Can you expand on that? What is the mask and who is the real you. Maybe familiarize yourself with the terminology of analitical psychology. Jung uses terms like Persona,ego,shadow etc. So you could more precisely define your predicament for us.

Or maybe just be ugly. Why not? Doesnt make you worse than the rest of us in the slightest. Remember that self acceptance is also a possible way, not only self denial.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby covertunsure » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Maybe you are not ugly and have body dysmorphic disorder or, like me, your self-image is totally subject to the whims and opinions of other people. How do you know you're ugly?
covertunsure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post