Our partner

research on covert narcissism vs dsm's narcissistic PD

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: research on covert narcissism vs dsm's narcissistic PD

Postby user03 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Akuma wrote:
user03 wrote:hopefully we can reverse some misunderstandings, can you clarify to me what you mean by " I have to admit I find your idea of being shown patients amusing - it summons up the idea of a zoo", also yes, i am aware of scholar.google.com, i used it a while back which one of the psych interns i used to see told me about but i couldn't get much information from it because of some limitations which prevented you from being able to see many of the studies or articles, and even the few studies i found that were accessible didn't shed any more light than i already had.

There is a website which I cant link here because illegal where you can get all the papers and studies.
But if you want change, you need to get your ass off the meta-level and into the concrete. Diagnosing yourself wont help you; some more or less abstracted, generalized name for what you "have" will not tell you much about what you "are" or what you want to become. If youve "tried" therapy a more concrete aka useful question would be, why did it ###$ up.

also, i did find it rude though that you think i wasn't interested in any research, i've put myself out there a lot, im sure my post indicated this, but unfortunately, resources and my own capacity have limitations, i mentioned russell barkley's study and it's as if you didn't notice it or didn't find any value in it, too bad, i was hoping you / or someone else might have found some value in it, unfortunately, there are very few people out there in a "similar boat" or in the place worthy of comment.

This is a forum specifically for people with NPD, so studies about depression or ADHD are off-topic.

this thread wasn't necessarily on narcissism only, it was bouncing off ideas and seeing how well we could make sense out of things or if anyone could give any specific experience of their own and if i can relate to anyone, because it seems to be so difficult not only in real life with all the mental health groups i been to in the past, not going anymore of course due to being hurt so much, fatigued and overwhelmed by people who i never was able to genuinely relate to or find comfort with, while having my condition as it is

Again I'm not sure what you are looking for. If you're looking for empathy lookin in the Cluster B subforums is a bit of a naive choice, if not a masochistic one. The same goes for the concept of relating - if relating is what you want its no wonder I have no clue wtf you are on about, I dont do relating.

we probably won't relate, that's fine, this already somewhat showed itself in a self explanatory way, the stereotypes happen to be the actual reality, but now that i brought this up, it reminds me, have you taken the MBTI test and do you know your type? it probably will sum up a lot of things.

I'm going to quote what my current therapist says about diagnosis. Its a greek word and means "knowing / investigating thoroughly". Its a deep, ongoing process and wont be eased nor replaced nor supported by shallow abstractions like the MBTI - which is unscientific garbage btw which tells you nothing you dont already know.

I see a pattern with you, you look for stuff in the wrong places and then you're confused and annoyed. You wont get empathy or satisfying emotional relatedness from pwNPD in the same way than you wont get a deeper understanding of yourself by filling out personality quizzes or browsing study abstracts. Maybe its time to rethink what you actually want, how realistic that is and where you can get it - and also if people even want to give it to you, after all youre not entitled to that stuff, a relation is a bidirectional thing. Or so I hear lol.

i don't need to re-think or do any of the garbage you claim, if you weren't so busy lecturing me this whole time and actually answered at least one of my questions properly, maybe you would have been of actual help, instead of saying the MBTI is unscientic garbage, which i don't give two shits about your opinion on it, you could have either told me you did take the test and did get a result / know your type and that's about it, end of story.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: research on covert narcissism vs dsm's narcissistic PD

Postby Akuma » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 am

user03 wrote:i don't need to re-think or do any of the garbage you claim, if you weren't so busy lecturing me this whole time and actually answered at least one of my questions properly, maybe you would have been of actual help, instead of saying the MBTI is unscientic garbage, which i don't give two shits about your opinion on it, you could have either told me you did take the test and did get a result / know your type and that's about it, end of story.

There is no evidence for the existence of the 16 personalities and it lacks utility. For you specifically I don't see how knowing a random strangers "personality type" would be of "actual help" to you. You initially tried to portray yourself as someone who is interested in research or facts, but now that you are confronted with some that are not to your liking, all you can manage is to poop on the floor angrily. That might be enough for you, but its not for me.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post