Our partner

Accepting responsibility as an NPD

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: Accepting responsibility as an NPD

Postby cubem0n » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:23 am

Nul wrote:That you need to take responsibility for your actions?
or
That you feel the duty to take on (unnecessary) responsibilities?

Nul, you're taking a dangerous path here. What you're doing is the sort of "rationalizing away some responsibilities", even though I realize that those responsibilities are always debatable.

For instance, in my country it is possible to live without working at all, and still get money from the government. I keep saying to myself and a few confidants "Why work, when money keeps coming to me anyway?". Here I could use your logic by saying that working is actually an unnecessary responsibility. I could extend this sort of thinking to other areas of my life (and I most likely do).

My guess is that YourzTruly is talking about responsibility in a more general manner, being frustrated in some areas of his/her life (the NPD and curing it), where avoiding these not very well specified responsibilities occur. Feel free to correct me, if this isn't the case.
cubem0n
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Nul » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:17 pm

cubem0n wrote:
or

Nul, you're taking a dangerous path here. What you're doing is the sort of "rationalizing away some responsibilities", even though I realize that those responsibilities are always debatable.

For instance, in my country it is possible to live without working at all, and still get money from the government. I keep saying to myself and a few confidants "Why work, when money keeps coming to me anyway?". Here I could use your logic by saying that working is actually an unnecessary responsibility. I could extend this sort of thinking to other areas of my life (and I most likely do).

My guess is that YourzTruly is talking about responsibility in a more general manner, being frustrated in some areas of his/her life (the NPD and curing it), where avoiding these not very well specified responsibilities occur. Feel free to correct me, if this isn't the case.

Where I live that is unthinkable, that's why that particular case didn't even cross my mind. There are very few job opportunities, most are underpaid, and not working equals being on the street (hell, even working may sometime not be enough to survive).

What you are talking about is an "imposed responsibility". The gov pays for you anyways so you feel obliged to work. But some people may be like "I don't want to work, I don't care even if I end up in the streets. If you give me money anyways, that's on you". If your gov allows slackers to leech, then the system is flawed.
Nul
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:14 am

Postby cubem0n » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Nul wrote:
cubem0n wrote:
or

Where I live that is unthinkable, that's why that particular case didn't even cross my mind. There are very few job opportunities, most are underpaid, and not working equals being on the street (hell, even working may sometime not be enough to survive).

What you are talking about is an "imposed responsibility". The gov pays for you anyways so you feel obliged to work. But some people may be like "I don't want to work, I don't care even if I end up in the streets. If you give me money anyways, that's on you". If your gov allows slackers to leech, then the system is flawed.

I understand your reaction, since the "problem of working" is similar to yours in most countries of the world. In this wonderland where I live in, there is this thing (not a movement yet) called "ideological unemployment". I know it sounds strange, because it sure is. :)

About this "imposed responsibility". Sure, it is assumed that people would want to work. I have constructed complex lies around not working. If one is clever, shameless and NPD'ish enough, he/she can pull this off relatively easily. Enough of that, however.
The system is flawed, I admit, but they are constantly making deterrents, so that people wouldn't be complete slackers. It also works most of the time, especially on nons.
cubem0n
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post