Our partner

Charm & Charisma

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Charm & Charisma

Postby PurplePlane » Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 pm

How do you present yourself in MOST social situations? Do you present confidence, optimism, high energy, very relaxed energy ETC.

And would you consider yourself charming and charismatic?
PurplePlane
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Charm & Charisma

Postby Spaced » Sun May 27, 2018 12:56 am

Externally I'm quietly confident, I'll give a firm handshake and look you in the eye, I'm direct but not aggressive; easygoing and sociable without being overly showy or loud.

Internally I'm hyper aware, constantly monitoring, enjoying any attention whilst also not being entirely at ease.

I know I'm charming and charismatic when I want to be but my default emotional state is entirely blank and emotion-less. It's unlikely you'll catch my 'resting bitch face' in a social situation - the mask comes off when I'm alone or don't feel the need to impress anyone.
Spaced
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Postby ZombieZ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Spaced wrote:Externally I'm quietly confident, I'll give a firm handshake and look you in the eye, I'm direct but not aggressive; easygoing and sociable without being overly showy or loud.

Internally I'm hyper aware, constantly monitoring, enjoying any attention whilst also not being entirely at ease.

I know I'm charming and charismatic when I want to be but my default emotional state is entirely blank and emotion-less. It's unlikely you'll catch my 'resting bitch face' in a social situation - the mask comes off when I'm alone or don't feel the need to impress anyone.

I’d say this pretty much describes me also minus the resting bitch face :D Also I have a temper that gets the best of me once in awhile but I do a fairly good job of suppressing those impulses now.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Absinthe » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Are charm and charisma the same thing, or do you think about them differently?

Also I know these aren't gender specific terms....but do they apply equally to men and women? I can't think of a time I heard a women described as 'charismatic'. Just wondering....
Absinthe
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby realityhere » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:32 am

"I can't think of a time I heard a women described as 'charismatic'. Just wondering...."

I wonder why too.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:34 am

Postby Quoth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:18 am

Just a guess but charisma suggests agency while historically women have taken a passive role in courtship.

I have all the charm and charisma of a chronically flatulent mongoose with a venereal disease. :D
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Postby covertunsure » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

I've been called charismatic a few times before, but it hasn't been how people predominantly described me. But the narcissist in me wants to believe I am, of course!
covertunsure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post