Our partner

Is it worth fixing NPD? And how?

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Re: Is it worth fixing NPD? And how?

Postby Akuma » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 am

throwawayayerye wrote:Oh, well, I guess I'll just go to therapy, since it seems like no one here has gone yet. You were right, Kimera, I was in the wrong place.

Most of our members are in therapy as far as I know. But the question can only be answered with theoretical constructs as heracles has pointed out. If you want I can point you to some of them, but it's a bit liek playing prophet, noone knows if even thse generalized ideas will apply to you.
Therapy itself is necessarily quite individual. I'm in psychoanalytic therapy for example and I've had a lot of interesting side-effects in the few months Ive been in, including lots of dissociative symptoms and hallucinations. It has helped reduce my paranoia already tho.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby dazn153 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 pm

You cannot piece together shattered glass. That is what a personality disorder is - your thoughts and brain are fully fragmented.

I have learned to stop the majority of the suffering by just ACCEPTING it is what I am. Then when things are starting to escalate/blow up, you can speak about it maturely to your significant other like a normal human rather than blowing up on them and splitting them "black," which makes it much harder to recover. :D
Diagnosed partially of each: NPD, BPD, Bipolar 2, OCPD, OCD
Psych Ward: 7 days ER: 2x No self-harm + In psychiatric treatment
dazn153
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Goldylocks4u » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:20 am

They come of as charming! They also put on the biggest front to reel you in! Please educate yourself, and leave them alone. You will be glad you did! :)
Goldylocks4u
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post