Our partner

Scores and interpretations

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Scores and interpretations

Postby Ifog671 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 pm

I have a question about a score/diagnostic I have. My psychologist is very dismissive about delving deep into my diagnostic. He seems to redirect conversation. He will answer direct questions, but I don't know enough to know what to ask.

Ok, here it is.....Along with a high ASpd and a few others....I was shown the MMPI-3 or Multiproasic personality index scores...not sure on correct usage...I scored 115.

How extreme is That? Does it cause delusions at that level? Is there something I should be aware of? Sometimes I feel that I'm not seeing what others see. If I drink it gets worse....
Ifog671
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Scores and interpretations

Postby Knoxious » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:42 pm

As opposed to an on paper number, it really has more to do with how you behave in reaction to your environment. How much anxiety and stress does it cause you? What are your narcissistic tenancies?

Clearly you think you're getting delusional. I would seek therapy and find out that way. It's always nice to get some 3rd party feedback.
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:25 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Scores and interpretations

Postby realityhere » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:27 am

"Sometimes I feel that I'm not seeing what others see."

Is this because you experience reactions from others in your life that don't fit with how you perceive yourself? If several ppl have spoken about what they see as arrogant or manipulative behavior on your part, then several ppl's views versus your one view has to be saying something relevant about you. I can understand how that can be stressful/ disconcerting.

But you would have to stay off the alcohol in order for a therapist to have a more definitive diagnosis, that is, if he's willing to give you that. Alcohol abuse can alter one's thinking processes and personality temporarily. Many therapists will not diagnose a person who is a substance abuser until the client is off any alcohol/drug addiction for some time or in rehab. Don't know to what extent your drinking is, but this is a factor to consider. Keep in mind also some therapists believe that a diagnosis can work against any therapeutic help that a PD client seeks, so they desire to emphasize therapy over diagnosis.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum