Our partner

Medication

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Medication

Postby ZombieZ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Ok, so after a lifetime of fighting it and having everyone tell me I need medication I decided to talk to my Dr about it and I’m on an SSRI first tried Zoloft but I was disassociating really bad. Switched to lexapro and klonopin and it’s working, alittle to well to be honest... My confidence and focus is really peaking now I REALLY feel like I’m the best thing to ever happen to humanity. Worst/best part is I don’t care anymore who knows it. Anyone else ever experience this? I think maybe it’s not good but I feel much better so im not sure I want to change... I’m having fantasies of sitting on top of a mountain Obove the clouds alone looking down everyone else. Should I stop or just run with it? I kinda like it to be honest! Is there anything that has actually worked for you?
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Medication

Postby Akuma » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 am

SSRIs can be indicated in major depressive disorder when used in combination with a therapy. Findings about their effectiveness have been inconsistent, but without therapy no medication will fix your depression.
Klonopin is an anti-convulsant of the benzodiazepine group and is not indicated for treating depression, because it creates dependence and withdrawal symptoms after a few weeks of usage and because of tolerance buildup.
As to your symptoms, you sound manic, not healthy.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZombieZ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm

The klonopin is for the wicked anxiety I have. Manic? Well that might explain the clenched jaw and grinding my teeth like I did several lines.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby psyguy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Zombieprepper wrote:The klonopin is for the wicked anxiety I have. Manic? Well that might explain the clenched jaw and grinding my teeth like I did several lines.

Well, you are posting on an NPD forum. So it may just be a return of grandiosity that you'd naturally have, in absence of depressive/anxiety symptoms. That kind of happened to me, whenever I first started meds.
NPD + GAD + Antisocial, Borderline, and OC(P) Traits
psyguy
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Postby ZombieZ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 pm

psyguy wrote:
Zombieprepper wrote:The klonopin is for the wicked anxiety I have. Manic? Well that might explain the clenched jaw and grinding my teeth like I did several lines.

Well, you are posting on an NPD forum. So it may just be a return of grandiosity that you'd naturally have, in absence of depressive/anxiety symptoms. That kind of happened to me, whenever I first started meds.

I really think this is it. I know someone who is diagnosed bi polar and have seen his manic episodes and I’m definitely not that bad.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Akuma » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 am

Youre grinding your teeth from meds? lol
Listen, its your life, but you seem to be looking for a magic pill and not having an actual plan. Benzos arent used here for anxiety, because they build tolerance rather quickly, you will start to have symptoms again, you'll need more and before you know it the withdrawal is going to be so hard you'll have trouble stopping them. Sinc eyou already compare them to a drug you apparently have drug experience or at least an affinity, so your path to med addiction seems to be quite open to you.
I've never seen a top-of-the-world, best-thing-that-happened-to-the-planet med addict. Quite a few that were convinced of that because of drug-induced mania though, whle their real life had already turned to $#%^.
Well, good luck.
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZombieZ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 am

Akuma wrote:

Youre grinding your teeth from meds? lol
Listen, its your life, but you seem to be looking for a magic pill and not having an actual plan. Benzos arent used here for anxiety, because they build tolerance rather quickly, you will start to have symptoms again, you'll need more and before you know it the withdrawal is going to be so hard you'll have trouble stopping them. Sinc eyou already compare them to a drug you apparently have drug experience or at least an affinity, so your path to med addiction seems to be quite open to you.
I've never seen a top-of-the-world, best-thing-that-happened-to-the-planet med addict. Quite a few that were convinced of that because of drug-induced mania though, whle their real life had already turned to $#%^.
Well, good luck.

Lol ok I’ve never seen anyone make so many assumptions in one post. There is a plan, I take the klonopin as needed maybe once or twice a wk tops, they want me off but the lexapro isn’t enough on it own, and I’m a pill head? Dude you don’t know me, I’m 44 and refused to take pills my entire life because I thought it was a sign of weakness I was finally talked into it and this is what I am experiencing that is all. I’ve seen people go manic they are wreckless, incoherent at times and sometimes delusional I’m none of that not even close. I grind my teeth from anxiety. I’ve been doing it for YEARS. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings ? I’d also like to add I’m in the gym 5 days a week and my diet is on point so it’s not like I haven’t tried to approach this differently, I have.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Akuma » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Zombieprepper wrote:There is a plan, I take the klonopin as needed maybe once or twice a wk tops, they want me off but the lexapro isn’t enough on it own...

... and the plan?
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZombieZ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:06 pm

I’d say the plan was to get me on medication that worked and get me off the benzos but I don’t know if it’s helping or making it worse which is the main reason I made this post. So you are saying you think I should stop meds all together or wait it out see if things change? I don’t really like the idea of taking anything so I’m never far from $#%^ canning the whole thing and firing my DR but I’m letting her do her job or atleast trying to.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Akuma » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Zombieprepper wrote:I’d say the plan was to get me on medication that worked and get me off the benzos but I don’t know if it’s helping or making it worse which is the main reason I made this post. So you are saying you think I should stop meds all together or wait it out see if things change? I don’t really like the idea of taking anything so I’m never far from $#%^ canning the whole thing and firing my DR but I’m letting her do her job or atleast trying to.

Well even if I wanted to tell you to stop some meds you are taking I wouldnt be allowed to due to the forum rules. What I can say is that if you have some form of narcissistic disorder then you are prone to being independent, trying to solve stuff yourself, lookign for absolute, possibly direct solutions etc... in short prone to becoming a habitual substance user. Also Benzos are creating dependency quickly and usually without the user realizing it, so they should be a emergency medication in a bigger treatment plan and should be discontinued as soon as somehow possible - in my opinion. So basically what I think is missing - or maybe its not and youre just not thinking its relevant to write about it in this context - is some actual therapy for your issues so you get rid of them and dont need the meds anymore. That would be at least what I would call "helping", not some stuff that numbs your $#%^ down, but something that makes you able to face it and possibly kick its ass so it doesnt come back anymore.
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post