Our partner

Boss is a Narcissist I think and I'm the whipping post

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Boss is a Narcissist I think and I'm the whipping post

Postby Jonsey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here but love forums. I was once very active in a divorce forum [mod edit] It was great help for me. Though I was a rare male posting in a room full of women. But I helped.

So I'm here because I find myself in the midst of a storm of directive and insinuations from a genius whom thinks it's my job to respond to his every whim. I'm feeling put upon and scapegoated.

The way he acts makes me believe he has NPD. IF he does then what should I do to succeed with him personally. He holds all the cards and I need to both earn his respect and be highly valued to keep my job - which at this point I've decided I do want to keep it.
Last edited by Echinacea on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed site name per forum rules
Jonsey
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Boss is a Narcissist I think and I'm the whipping post

Postby Knoxious » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

You need to flatter his intelligence while drawing clear lines for what you will and will not do. If it's not too late, that is.

The narcissist will respect you if you respect yourself. Create clear boundaries, but do your job well. Know your job description.. what you should and should not be doing. Anything beyond the description, you have a right to put your foot down. And again, when you do, he will respect this.

Hopefully you aren't disposable to him. That's my only concern.

What is so wrong with the way he's treating you now? What exactly are you doing?
- Knox
Knoxious
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:49 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post