Our partner

Narc who got Narced

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Narc who got Narced

Postby LittleMissToxic » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

I'm a self aware narc. My supply basically consists of being praised for my looks, indulged and spoiled (I like for things to go my way). I don't set out to intentionally hurt people because being sadistic isn't my thing and doesn't give me pleasure. I recognize that people do sometimes get hurt by the discard but I don't do it gleefully.

So, what's the problem? I was narced by a narc. He played the game and did everything right. He even hoovered me back several times. Why didn't I allow myself to accept that he was narcissistic? I had an inkling, but I always gave him the benefit of the doubt and squashed it back down.

It seems that I am feeling emotional "pain", but I'm not sure if it's actual pain or more anger at the loss of control of the situation? Yes, I do like to be in control (although, was I actually in control of this one?).

Here is the total irony of the situation.........I have had to go NO CONTACT. :lol: I can't. :lol:
LittleMissToxic
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Narc who got Narced

Postby JoshE97 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Unfortunately he got the upper hand.

I'm sure there's an Empath not too far away to manipulate and take your rage out on.

-- Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 pm --
JoshE97
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Postby dibita » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:08 pm

You know how it is. Completely ignore him and watch him shrivel. Why is that hard for you? Where is your narcissism?
In therapy for NPD.
dibita
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby dazn153 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:40 am

dibita wrote:You know how it is. Completely ignore him and watch him shrivel. Why is that hard for you? Where is your narcissism?

Agreed. I wonder if the OP is actually a narc. :shock:
Diagnosed partially of each: NPD, BPD, Bipolar 2, OCPD, OCD
Psych Ward: 7 days ER: 2x
dazn153
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 am

Postby LittleMissToxic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

dazn153 wrote:
dibita wrote:You know how it is. Completely ignore him and watch him shrivel. Why is that hard for you? Where is your narcissism?

Agreed. I wonder if the OP is actually a narc. :shock:

I'm diagnosed. If you understood narcissism, you would realize that there are different levels of it. We aren't psychopaths, so we aren't completely devoid of feelings. We lack EMPATHY and there's no reason why I would ever empathize with him even if I could. People who don't understand this personality disorder equate it with psychopathy. No. If that were the case you would be a diagnosed psychopath (which runs in my family). Also, we aren't all cruel and deliberately set out to hurt people. People get hurt because we have to take what we need from them.

I've already moved on and don't even think about him at all and THAT is where my narcissism comes in. Normal people would pine and whine and cry forever. Not me, because I don't feel love like other people do. Narcs feel their own version of love and it's usually fleeting. Once the person no longer gives you what you want, they are easily forgotten.

And as for you, I would appreciate it if someone with BPD didn't attempt to criticize me. You can't even control your emotions.
LittleMissToxic
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby LittleMissToxic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Are you forgetting that he's also a narcissist? He has a whole harem that he was keeping on the backburner.
LittleMissToxic
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby narcbolan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm

LittleMissToxic wrote:
It seems that I am feeling emotional "pain", but I'm not sure if it's actual pain or more anger at the loss of control of the situation? Yes, I do like to be in control (although, was I actually in control of this one?).

It might be that deep down you are feeling some pain but because of the disorder it only gets expressed as anger because that's a safer, less vulnerable way of proccessing it. Often anger masks a lot of deeper unrecognised feelings, and I would imagine that in the light of the situation, there's a few other feelings going round. When someone treats us that way we can often feel ashamed as well, but it won't get acknowledged, just covered up with anger.

I don't know if that's what you were asking or not.
narcbolan
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post